Len Ritchey WWP Email Member and AskaHorse (askahorse@letsgofirst) PI2014 #080 - It Is Completely Unnecessary
ASK A HORSE
"Any tax is a discouragement and therefore a regulation so far as it goes."
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
January 31st, 2014
Every American Taxpayer Now "Owes" "The
(federal) State" $150,565; every citizen $54,683.
Empowering America's Public Officials to confiscate America's property is
not only an affront to Liberty; it affords ambitious public officials
opportunities to exploit positional authority. Property confiscation by way
of direct taxation is completely unnecessary.
'Government' ("State") Public Officials are more than capable of living
within tax-revenue-supported budgets funded without direct taxation. They
need only be weaned from their power to selectively, arbitrarily, and
discriminatorily legislate, tax, and regulate.
Abolishing Direct Taxes in favor of sales/excise taxes, exclusively, offers
several key benefits:
* voters/taxpayers control tax burdens
* government is more transparent
* revenue drives budgets, budgets don't drive revenue (taxes)
* government forced to budget frugally and responsibly
* reduced fraud, waste, and abuse opportunities
* virtually eliminated or radically minimized need for individual record
* no need for individual tax returns
* automatic collection minimizing tax evasion
* competitive tax rate determination (voters set rates in their
* less taxation, more tax payers (all who, purchasing, contribute to
* who's elected matters less (special interest, lobbying, ideology have
These Benefits Yield Major advantages in a self-governing Constitutional
republic. (1) Decision-making returns to local levels. (2) Tax revenue
stays mainly with local citizens... who know how to use it most
beneficially. (3) Upper "State" echelons neither need to plan for lower
level funding, nor can appropriate lower level tax revenue to be used
People Intending To Live In Liberty do not allow legislators - or other
public officials within These United States of America, to enact, impose, or
increase taxes without securing a majority vote approval in all
jurisdictions affected. They protect their property from "State"
Let Freedom Ring
It's your property, not "State" property.
ASK A HORSE commentaries are on Facebook,
they are considered public
domain information. Readers are welcome to use commentaries as they like.
Please advise <mailto:askahorse@...
if you do not wish to receive future ASK A