Version 1.3.2

  • Remi
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4 12:01 AM
      Dears users,

      Version 1.3.2 is now online.
      You will see immediately the new icons of the toolbar following Wordfast Classic design.
      The PDF converter has been improved and can now accept dead file, which content is an image of text going through an OCR process. The translated PDF is still an RTF file but soon, it will be possible to get also directly the translated PDF at demand and for nearly any file format.
      A problem has been fixed for Excel files.

      Enjoy,
      Rémi
    • Beavitt
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4 1:03 AM
        Thanks for the information, Remi.

        I'm wondering: if it's possible for WFA to accept a "dead" (i.e.
        scanned) pdf, at what point do you tell it what language the OCR
        engine is scanning?

        As our previous conversation indicated, a source text isn't associated
        with a language pair, i.e. a TM and a glossary, until the translator
        initiates this association.

        But you will get different results from an OCR engine like
        http://www.onlineocr.net/ depending on which language you select PRIOR
        to the scanning process.

        Does the OCR engine used by WFA automatically recognise the source language?

        Next time I have a "dead" pdf file to translate, I will do some
        experiments to see if the results through WFA are as good as
        onlineocr.net.

        All the best!

        Tommy Beavitt
        --- In Wordfast_Anywhere@yahoogroups.com, "Remi" <remiandre@...> wrote:

        > Dears users,
        >
        > Version 1.3.2 is now online.
        > You will see immediately the new icons of the toolbar following Wordfast Classic design.
        > The PDF converter has been improved and can now accept dead file, which content is an image of text going through an OCR process. The translated PDF is still an RTF file but soon, it will be possible to get also directly the translated PDF at demand and for nearly any file format.
        > A problem has been fixed for Excel files.
        >
        > Enjoy,
        > Rémi

      • Rémi Andre
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4 3:22 AM
          Hi Tommy,

          Very good question. I forget to mention that:
          Before uploading a dead PDF, you should select the appropriate TM. The workspace should have the good TM even there is no document opened.
          I did for Chinese, Japanese and Korean and it is working well.

           Cheers,
          Rémi
          support.anywhere@...
          Wordfast_Anywhere@yahoogroups.com
          Wordfast, Paris

        • yasmin@tr-ar.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 7 9:46 AM
            Many thanks, Rémi; Many thanks, Yves!

            I have tried it myself on some scanned PDFs with different layouts and qualities. I am impressed!

            Kind regards,
            Yasmin

            On 4 April 2011 09:01, Remi <remiandre@...> wrote:

            Dears users,

            Version 1.3.2 is now online.
            You will see immediately the new icons of the toolbar following Wordfast Classic design.
            The PDF converter has been improved and can now accept dead file, which content is an image of text going through an OCR process. The translated PDF is still an RTF file but soon, it will be possible to get also directly the translated PDF at demand and for nearly any file format.
            A problem has been fixed for Excel files.

            Enjoy,
            Rémi

          • cgtradmed
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 7 10:02 AM
              Yasmine is right : many thanks to both of you.

              I'm not sure that you realize the amount of time, neurons, coffee and cigarettes you are making it possible to save.
              Long life to WFA and its fathers !
              Catherine Guilliaumet

              Le 07/04/2011 18:46, yasmin@... a écrit :
              Many thanks, Rémi; Many thanks, Yves!

              I have tried it myself on some scanned PDFs with different layouts and qualities. I am impressed!

              Kind regards,
              Yasmin

              On 4 April 2011 09:01, Remi <remiandre@...> wrote:

              Dears users,

              Version 1.3.2 is now online.
              You will see immediately the new icons of the toolbar following Wordfast Classic design.
              The PDF converter has been improved and can now accept dead file, which content is an image of text going through an OCR process. The translated PDF is still an RTF file but soon, it will be possible to get also directly the translated PDF at demand and for nearly any file format.
              A problem has been fixed for Excel files.

              Enjoy,
              Rémi

            • Piotr