Re: [WoodGas] CAR RUNNING ON FIREWOOD IN BRAZIL

  • Misc4MyUse@aol.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 2, 2007
      In a message dated 11/2/2007 10:30:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      dooger@... writes:

      http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM747563-7824-CARRO+MOVIDO+%20A+LENHA,00.html
      > Hope this link works better, the other one was broken.
      > Jonathan

      Says I don't have authorization to access the video. :-(

      Best, wes

      Wes, do you speak Spanish? If so, would you be able to translate, IF I could
      manage to snag that video and post it. Now, I am not 100% sure that I can snag
      it. But if you ( or anyone really) can translate it, I will try and snag it.
      What say you guys?Stay prepared. Dude

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 2, 2007
        It's probably in Portugese and not Spanish, but either way I can't
        access it with any of the supplied links pasted together from Benjamin
        or the one that Jonathan put together. Oh well .... Mike

        --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, Misc4MyUse@... wrote:

        > In a message dated 11/2/2007 10:30:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        > dooger@... writes:
        >
        > On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:36:29 -0500, j spreadborough
        > <jdspread1972@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I wish I understood more spanish LOL.

        http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM747563-7824-CARRO+MOVIDO+%20A+LENHA,00.html
        > > Hope this link works better, the other one was broken.
        > > Jonathan
        > >

        > Says I don't have authorization to access the video. :-(
        >
        > Best, wes
        >
        > Wes, do you speak Spanish? If so, would you be able to translate, IF
        I could
        > manage to snag that video and post it. Now, I am not 100% sure that
        I can snag
        > it. But if you ( or anyone really) can translate it, I will try and
        snag it.
        > What say you guys?Stay prepared. Dude

      • Wes Jones
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 2, 2007

          Message 4 of 22 , Nov 2, 2007
            On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 21:37:48 -0500, <Misc4MyUse@...> wrote:

            > In a message dated 11/2/2007 10:30:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            > dooger@... writes:
            >
            > On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:36:29 -0500, j spreadborough
            > <jdspread1972@...> wrote:
            >
            >> I wish I understood more spanish LOL.
            >>
            > http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM747563-7824-CARRO+MOVIDO+%20A+LENHA,00.html
            >> Hope this link works better, the other one was broken.
            >> Jonathan
            >>

            > Says I don't have authorization to access the video. :-(
            >
            > Best, wes
            >
            > Wes, do you speak Spanish? If so, would you be able to translate, IF I
            > could
            > manage to snag that video and post it. Now, I am not 100% sure that I
            > can snag
            > it. But if you ( or anyone really) can translate it, I will try and snag
            > it.
            > What say you guys?Stay prepared. Dude

            I don't speak or read enough to attempt a translation. If that's a
            Brazillian news outfit it will be in Portuguese.

            I'd love to see a '51 Chevy running down the road on woodgas though. :-)
            Had a lot of fun in a '50 back when I was a teenager.

            Best, wes
          • Wes Jones
            Message 5 of 22 , Nov 2, 2007
              On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 22:25:01 -0500, Mike <ook187@...> wrote:

              > It's probably in Portugese and not Spanish, but either way I can't
              > access it with any of the supplied links pasted together from Benjamin
              > or the one that Jonathan put together. Oh well .... Mike

              I suspect it's a case of needing to set up an account but without being
              able to read the page I can't be sure. Maybe someone who can read it
              could create an account and pass along the login info and some navigation
              instructions???

              Best, wes

              > --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, Misc4MyUse@... wrote:
              >>

              >> In a message dated 11/2/2007 10:30:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              >> dooger@... writes:
              >>
              >> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:36:29 -0500, j spreadborough
              >> <jdspread1972@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> > I wish I understood more spanish LOL.
              >> >

              > http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM747563-7824-CARRO+MOVIDO+%20A+LENHA,00.html
              >> > Hope this link works better, the other one was broken.
              >> > Jonathan
              >> >

              >> Says I don't have authorization to access the video. :-(
              >>
              >> Best, wes
              >>
              >> Wes, do you speak Spanish? If so, would you be able to translate, IF
              > I could
              >> manage to snag that video and post it. Now, I am not 100% sure that
              > I can snag
              >> it. But if you ( or anyone really) can translate it, I will try and
              > snag it.
              >> What say you guys?Stay prepared. Dude

            • j spreadborough
              Message 6 of 22 , Nov 3, 2007
                I don't have an account and the link works for me every time I am running XP home IE 7 windows media player 11. When I run Opera I had to click one of the two links that showed up in place of the media players window to get it to work.

                I tried to find the actual link to download the file but it is scripted in to the player.

                Jonathan

                Message 7 of 22 , Nov 3, 2007
                  In a message dated 11/3/2007 1:21:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                  dooger@... writes:

                  I suspect it's a case of needing to set up an account but without being
                  able to read the page I can't be sure. Maybe someone who can read it
                  could create an account and pass along the login info and some navigation
                  instructions???

                  Best, wes

                  Wes, I just double clicked the link that Jonathan provivded.....went right on
                  through. Have you tryed copy and pasting it in your browser? Stay Prepared.
                  Dude

                • uisqebaugh
                  Message 8 of 22 , Nov 3, 2007
                    I would be happy to translate it for you.

                    Misc4MyUse@... wrote:

                    > In a message dated 11/2/2007 10:30:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                    > dooger@... <mailto:dooger%40wildblue.net> writes:
                    >
                    > On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:36:29 -0500, j spreadborough
                    > <jdspread1972@... <mailto:jdspread1972%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
                    >
                    > > I wish I understood more spanish LOL.
                    > >
                    > http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM747563-7824-CARRO+MOVIDO+%20A+LENHA,00.html
                    > <http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM747563-7824-CARRO+MOVIDO+%20A+LENHA,00.html>
                    > > Hope this link works better, the other one was broken.
                    > > Jonathan
                    > >

                    > Says I don't have authorization to access the video. :-(
                    >
                    > Best, wes
                    >
                    > Wes, do you speak Spanish? If so, would you be able to translate, IF I
                    > could
                    > manage to snag that video and post it. Now, I am not 100% sure that I
                    > can snag
                    > it. But if you ( or anyone really) can translate it, I will try and
                    > snag it.
                    > What say you guys?Stay prepared. Dude

                  • Erik Lane
                    Message 9 of 22 , Nov 3, 2007
                      I speak french and some spanish, so even though it's in Portuguese I
                      could muddle my through it. It says that you need to use Internet
                      Explorer 6 or better and at least media player 9 installed in your
                      system.

                      When I did that it just worked perfectly.

                      On Nov 3, 2007 10:31 AM, <Misc4MyUse@...> wrote:

                      > In a message dated 11/3/2007 1:21:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                      >
                      > dooger@... writes:
                      >
                      > I suspect it's a case of needing to set up an account but without being
                      > able to read the page I can't be sure. Maybe someone who can read it
                      > could create an account and pass along the login info and some navigation
                      > instructions???
                      >
                      > Best, wes
                      >
                      > Wes, I just double clicked the link that Jonathan provivded.....went right
                      > on
                      > through. Have you tryed copy and pasting it in your browser? Stay Prepared.
                      >
                      > Dude

                    • Wes Jones
                      Message 10 of 22 , Nov 3, 2007
                        On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 11:31:09 -0500, <Misc4MyUse@...> wrote:

                        > In a message dated 11/3/2007 1:21:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                        > dooger@... writes:
                        >
                        > I suspect it's a case of needing to set up an account but without being
                        > able to read the page I can't be sure. Maybe someone who can read it
                        > could create an account and pass along the login info and some navigation
                        > instructions???
                        >
                        > Best, wes
                        >
                        > Wes, I just double clicked the link that Jonathan provivded.....went
                        > right on
                        > through. Have you tryed copy and pasting it in your browser? Stay
                        > Prepared.
                        > Dude

                        Yeah, I pasted it...both parts. It hits the site and Media Player starts
                        and buffers...then I get a page that says I don't have authorization if
                        I'm guessing at the meanings correctly. Tried IE, Firefox and Opera with
                        the same results.

                        Best, wes
                      • Wes Jones
                        Message 11 of 22 , Nov 3, 2007
                          On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:16:10 -0500, Erik Lane <eriklane@...> wrote:

                          > I speak french and some spanish, so even though it's in Portuguese I
                          > could muddle my through it. It says that you need to use Internet
                          > Explorer 6 or better and at least media player 9 installed in your
                          > system.
                          >
                          > When I did that it just worked perfectly.

                          There's my problem...my media player is a couple of updates back and I
                          don't intend to update it. Oh, well.

                          Best, wes

                          > On Nov 3, 2007 10:31 AM, <Misc4MyUse@...> wrote:
                          >>

                          >> In a message dated 11/3/2007 1:21:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                          >>
                          >> dooger@... writes:
                          >>
                          >> I suspect it's a case of needing to set up an account but without being
                          >> able to read the page I can't be sure. Maybe someone who can read it
                          >> could create an account and pass along the login info and some
                          >> navigation
                          >> instructions???
                          >>
                          >> Best, wes
                          >>
                          >> Wes, I just double clicked the link that Jonathan provivded.....went
                          >> right
                          >> on
                          >> through. Have you tryed copy and pasting it in your browser? Stay
                          >> Prepared.

                        • Benjamin Bof
                          Message 12 of 22 , Nov 4, 2007
                            Friends, We stay three days in Iguazú region, Brazil, far from net devices.
                            We promise you to make translation of ¨libreto" next week when arrive in São
                            Paulo state.
                            Greetings, Benjamin

                            On 11/4/07, Wes Jones <dooger@...> wrote:

                            > On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:16:10 -0500, Erik Lane <eriklane@...> wrote:
                            >
                            > > I speak french and some spanish, so even though it's in Portuguese I
                            > > could muddle my through it. It says that you need to use Internet
                            > > Explorer 6 or better and at least media player 9 installed in your
                            > > system.
                            > >
                            > > When I did that it just worked perfectly.
                            >
                            > There's my problem...my media player is a couple of updates back and I
                            > don't intend to update it. Oh, well.
                            >
                            > Best, wes
                            >

                            > > On Nov 3, 2007 10:31 AM, <Misc4MyUse@...> wrote:
                            > >>

                            > >> In a message dated 11/3/2007 1:21:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
                            > >>
                            > >> dooger@... writes:
                            > >>
                            > >> I suspect it's a case of needing to set up an account but without
                            > being
                            > >> able to read the page I can't be sure. Maybe someone who can read it
                            > >> could create an account and pass along the login info and some
                            > >> navigation
                            > >> instructions???
                            > >>
                            > >> Best, wes
                            > >>
                            > >> Wes, I just double clicked the link that Jonathan provivded.....went
                            > >> right
                            > >> on
                            > >> through. Have you tryed copy and pasting it in your browser? Stay
                            > >> Prepared.
                            > >>

                            > --

                          • Larry
                            Message 13 of 22 , Nov 4, 2007
                              We thank you Benjamin. And we sincerely wish your travels well.Stay
                              Prepared.
                              Dude

                              --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, "Benjamin Bof" <benjaminbof@...>
                              wrote:

                              > Friends, We stay three days in Iguazú region, Brazil, far from net
                              devices.
                              > We promise you to make translation of ¨libreto" next week when
                              arrive in São
                              > Paulo state.
                              > Greetings, Benjamin
                              >

                              > On 11/4/07, Wes Jones <dooger@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 12:16:10 -0500, Erik Lane <eriklane@...>
                              wrote:

                              > > > I speak french and some spanish, so even though it's in
                              Portuguese I
                              > > > could muddle my through it. It says that you need to use
                              Internet
                              > > > Explorer 6 or better and at least media player 9 installed in
                              your
                              > > > system.
                              > > >
                              > > > When I did that it just worked perfectly.
                              > >
                              > > There's my problem...my media player is a couple of updates back
                              and I
                              > > don't intend to update it. Oh, well.
                              > >
                              > > Best, wes

                              > > being

                              Stay

                              > > --
                              > > Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
                              http://www.opera.com/mail/

                            • jjsenner
                              Message 14 of 22 , Nov 4, 2007
                                The link worked fine for me using Ubuntu Linux and Firefox. I could
                                not save the video to my computer either but can view it just fine in
                                the page.

                                Jeremiah

                                --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, j spreadborough <jdspread1972@...>
                                wrote:

                                > I don't have an account and the link works for me every time I am
                                running XP home IE 7 windows media player 11. When I run Opera I had
                                to click one of the two links that showed up in place of the media
                                players window to get it to work.

                                > I tried to find the actual link to download the file but it is
                                scripted in to the player.

                                > Jonathan
                              • Benjamin Domingo Bof
                                Message 15 of 22 , Nov 8, 2007
                                  Most important comment for video.
                                  At 1:46 show another throttle pedal.
                                  At 3:16 researcher says : one kilo firewood yield three Kilometers
                                  lefting twenty percent of power. In american measures;
                                  one pound /
                                  one mile trip.
                                  Cheers ; Benjamin

                                  --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, "Larry" <Misc4MyUse@...> wrote:

                                  > We thank you Benjamin. And we sincerely wish your travels
                                  well.Stay
                                  > Prepared.

                                  Dude

                                  > --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, "Benjamin Bof" <benjaminbof@>
                                  > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Friends, We stay three days in Iguazú region, Brazil, far from
                                  net
                                  > devices.
                                  > > We promise you to make translation of ¨libreto" next week when
                                  > arrive in São
                                  > > Paulo state.
                                  > > Greetings, Benjamin
                                  > >

                                  > > On 11/4/07, Wes Jones <dooger@> wrote:

                                  > Portuguese I
                                  > Internet
                                  > your

                                  > > > There's my problem...my media player is a couple of updates
                                  back
                                  > and I
                                  > > > don't intend to update it. Oh, well.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Best, wes

                                  Time,

                                  > without
                                  > > > being
                                  > read it

                                  > provivded.....went
                                  > Stay
                                  > > > >>

                                  > > > --
                                  > > > Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client:
                                  > http://www.opera.com/mail/

                                • RobT
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Nov 15, 2007
                                    It's Portuguese. It was, I thought, a pretty good summary of woodgas
                                    vehicle history. Starting around WW1/WW2, gasoline was only available for
                                    official vehicles. Woodgas tech sprang up, even as far as racing
                                    circuits. The old lady interviewed used to sew filters(?) for the
                                    vehicles.

                                    Southern Brazil has a big German population still, and that appears to be
                                    where this interview / guy was. I lived a few years in Sao Paulo, so this
                                    brought back memories...

                                    --RobT

                                    On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:36:29 -0400, j spreadborough
                                    <jdspread1972@...> wrote:

                                    > I wish I understood more spanish LOL.
                                    > http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM747563-7824-CARRO+MOVIDO+%20A+LENHA,00.html
                                    > Hope this link works better, the other one was broken.
                                    > Jonathan
                                    >
                                    > Benjamin Domingo Bof <benjaminbof@...> wrote:
                                    > Dear friends:
                                    >
                                    > Last sunday Globo News was presented an video showing an Chevy ´51,
                                    > the best car and motor in gassers story.
                                    >
                                    > Look at:
                                    >
                                    > http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM747563-7824-
                                    > CARRO+MOVIDO+A+LENHA,00.html

                                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  • RobT
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Nov 15, 2007
                                      Yes, he said the second throttle was for the woodgas.

                                      Also said 60 kilometer range (20 kilos fuel?)

                                      --RobT

                                    • Benjamin Bof
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Nov 15, 2007
                                        Rob, I´m in a lan house without soft to watch this video but I will try to
                                        see old german woman to explain you about filters.
                                        Regards; Benjamin

                                        On Nov 15, 2007 3:46 PM, RobT <lists@...> wrote:

                                        > It's Portuguese. It was, I thought, a pretty good summary of woodgas
                                        > vehicle history. Starting around WW1/WW2, gasoline was only available for
                                        > official vehicles. Woodgas tech sprang up, even as far as racing
                                        > circuits. The old lady interviewed used to sew filters(?) for the
                                        > vehicles.
                                        >
                                        > Southern Brazil has a big German population still, and that appears to be
                                        > where this interview / guy was. I lived a few years in Sao Paulo, so this
                                        > brought back memories...
                                        >
                                        > --RobT
                                        >

                                        > On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:36:29 -0400, j spreadborough
                                        > <jdspread1972@... <jdspread1972%40yahoo.com>> wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > I wish I understood more spanish LOL.
                                        > >
                                        > http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM747563-7824-CARRO+MOVIDO+%20A+LENHA,00.html
                                        > > Hope this link works better, the other one was broken.
                                        > > Jonathan
                                        > >
                                        > > Benjamin Domingo Bof <benjaminbof@... <benjaminbof%40gmail.com>>
                                        > wrote:
                                        > > Dear friends:
                                        > >
                                        > > Last sunday Globo News was presented an video showing an Chevy ´51,
                                        > > the best car and motor in gassers story.
                                        > >
                                        > > Look at:
                                        > >
                                        > > http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM747563-7824-
                                        > > CARRO+MOVIDO+A+LENHA,00.html

                                        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                      • Benjamin Bof
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Nov 16, 2007
                                          Yes Rob, mother of Vinicius Losacco was sew bag filters and she say its like
                                          an cooffe cotton bag filter.
                                          Germans are owners of gasifiers.Before Imbert creation. Blast furnace is a
                                          biggest gasifier and in 19th century siderurgical factorys generate to urban
                                          use lighting gas. Siemens gas was made blasting steam over glowing
                                          coal.Ottofour stroke cycle was grown in Köln ,In the beginning
                                          internal combustion
                                          motors was for industrial use enormous with flywheel ten feet diameter and
                                          horizontal cylinder. Germany where Deutz motors was made more than a hundred
                                          years till today. In these town was born also Josef Ratzinger , Pope
                                          Benedetto XVI.During WWII was intensed bombing lefting only Cathedral.I work
                                          in 1962 in Haedo , Buenos Aires in Deutz factory making air cooled diesel
                                          engines FL 514 series from one to 16 cylinders.

                                          Regards; Benjamin