Re: Message 8326

  • David
    Message 1 of 7 , May 8, 2007
      Hi Max,

      I think I understand the math and logic in your earlier messages. I
      have obtained a whole house vacuum motor (as per Greg Manning's
      advice) with adjustable air flow. When attached to the system I can
      measure the cold air flow with an anemometer and calibrate the inlet
      Pitot, the outlet manifold vacuum to give me the actual maximum air
      volume/second. This will be less as the hopper is loaded and filters
      attached.

      I am considering whether to use 5 or 6 tuyeres (as mentioned in
      various literature for this size). I have order the pig nozzles (SS)
      also as advised by Greg Manning http://www.inetlink.ca/a31ford/cgcmb

      Pictures and reports will be forthcoming as time allows. Thank you
      for your advice and calculations.

      David

      --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, "maxgasman" <gasman@...> wrote:

      > Mess. 8630
      >
      > Hi, David!
      >
      > Still too vaguely defined?
      >
      > Max
      >

      > --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com,
      > > "maxgasman" <gasman@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Message: 8380
      > >
      > > Hi, David!
      > > (blabs)
      > >
      > > I will return to the IV
      > > (imaginary velocity)
      > > question in your reduction tube.
      > >
      > > Max
      > >

      > --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com,
      > > "maxgasman" <gasman@> wrote:
      > > mess. 8630
      > >
      > > Hi, David!
      > >

      > > My consciousness says that I have been
      > > sloppy in following up your initial
      > > choices of measures for your generator
      > > construction.
      > >
      > > In mess. 8006 you presented "your case".
      > > In mess. 8014 I suggested you to use
      > > formulas in mess. 7695.
      > >
      > > In mess. 8019 you have "fallen into" the
      > > SMP tables, and chosen a far too big heart
      > > for your motor, as completely forgotten
      > > the gas consumption you rightly had
      > > calculated!
      > >

      > > 1m^3/h = 1000 litres/h ;
      > > 1h = 3600 s ;
      > >
      > > m^3 ...... 1000 l
      > > ------ ยค ------------- = l/s
      > > h .......... 3600 s
      > >

      > > Type F-3 would have fitted well!
      > >

      > > In 7695 the starting point was a given
      > > restriction diameter.
      > >

      > > If one starts with a given (cold) gas
      > > flow and a chosen (and many times
      > > recommended) IV (Imaginary Velocity)
      > > it ends up with a Flow-Area and a
      > > corresponding diameter of the restriction!
      > >
      > > These factors are "regula-di-tri" bound
      > > together, and earlier explained...
      > >
      > > In mess. 8014 I gave the "first warning",
      > > but got no response...
      > >
      > > In mess. 8026 a concrete suggestion of
      > > how to alter your reduction tube and
      > > getting a modest restriction was forwarded...
      > >
      > > In mess. 8133 interest has moved to grates.
      > >
      > > In mess. 8326 the 100 mm reduction tube
      > > still persists, but can alternatively be
      > > modified with a "hat" having the
      > > appropriate hole-diameter!
      > >
      > > Make the length ~2,5 times the diameter,
      > > to have enough "playroom"
      > > for "all" eventualities.
      > >

      > > Reading Wikipedia for others?
      > >
      > > Your "choice": F-300, max 80 m^3/h