Burning saw dust thoughts

  • PoodleHead Mikey
    Message 1 of 31 , Jan 7, 2005
      If wanted to burn saw dust I think I would use an oil burner
      gun with the flame tube nose (flame shaping cone) removed.
      Set the ignition for continuous, open the air band, and
      arrange something to slowly dump dry saw dust into the
      blower wheel.

      Set it up outside, in the wide open spaces, to get the feed
      and air adjustments right, and then try to heat something
      with it. A furnace would be a my first choice.

      I have never done this but I know that saw dust burns well,
      as a dispersed powder in the air, as I have tried dumping it
      into the draft (inlet) blower on a forced draft wood
      furnace. <g>

      stephen
      ------------------------------------

      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 17, 2005
        Hey gang,

        An easy small time way to produce oil is from a roll press. You could
        probably use an old wringer washer although you may have to change over to
        steel rollers and mess with spring tension. I�m sure you could make a
        couple 4� wide rollers and gear them to turn together with a valve spring
        forcing them together ala wringer washer. Put a feed hopper, a catch tray
        for the oil and one for the pulp. Add a hand crank with a flywheel and you
        could make oil as long as your arm holds out. If you want to get a little
        more sophisticated you could add roll press stages each having more
        pressure. Maybe an electric motor.

        Paul

        ---
        Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.