Re[2]: [WoodGas] Re: water in engine

  • jackf
    Message 1 of 148 , Aug 1, 2006
      Well, looks like you know how to set it up. Maybe you could get a
      patent on it? Regards, Jack F
      -----------------
      Are only the Police entitled to self defense with a firearm?
      <www.gunsmith.fuselier.com> East Texas

      Monday, July 31, 2006, 9:46:38 PM, you wrote:
      KW> The old tractors we used to use with WI had a bout a 2 gallon tank for the water strapped to the frame of the tractor right under the carb, They used an up draft carb, There was a small tube
      KW> about about 1/4" that went down into the top of the water tank. The other end went into the metal air filter tube right below the carb. The air passing the tip of the tube pulled water up out of
      KW> the tank and into the intake air. There was a small adjustable orffice on the end of the tube inside the air intake tube. You could adjust the amount of water that was pulled into the intake air.
      KW> There was no way the water could have gotten into the engine unless the motor was running.

      KW> It only pulled water in according to the speed of the engine and the amount of air being pulled in through the intake manifold. There was no way it would pull more water than what it was
      KW> adjusted to use. It was a bery simple set up but it worked like a charm. It couldn't have used much water because that tank would run it from sunup till noon and still have at least a half gallon
      KW> of water still in the tank. That is pulling it hard. Just pulling a light load the tank would run it all day without refilling.

      KW> Ken
    • kenn johnsen
      Message 148 of 148 , Aug 10, 2006
        Donald

        We are on that common ground together, you do agreeing about it.