Re: Pic of the new girl - Anastasia - co-moderator add

  • Mike LaRosa
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 19, 2013
      Stephen / Laren, That's great. Just remember to set the person to the group settings before sending the message through otherwise their replies to the replies will be delayed. Sometimes regular posters accidently quit the group and you have to set them to the group settings again. I have only had to moderate a couple of people over the last few years and I can't recall if I even banned a spammer. I just set them so they can't post because maybe they still want to read stuff and they can always e-mail. Laren changed the settings last year I think so the web crawlers could read the posts and then they could be found through google etc. Thanks for the help. I think Ken S is the only other moderator ?? I talked with him on the phone a few weeks ago. He and his wife are doing OK. His wife is improving after a major surgery a couple of years ago .. Mike

      --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, "LarenCorie" <larencorie@...> wrote:

      > From: "Mike LaRosa" <ook187@...>
      >
      > > Hi Stephen, Maybe you could be a co-moderator on this
      > > group as you are here most of the time ?
      >
      > Hi Mike;
      >
      > Yes....I will second that nomination.
      >
      > > Your Anastasia is pretty cute !
      >
      > >. Good use of pipe :o).
      >
      > I agree. I am impressed with the original thinking.
      >
      > > Fell 3 times on the ice this week.
      > > Some brain damage with the first fall.
      >
      > Ah, Mike, you have enough grey matter to spare ;O)
      >
      > -Laren Corie-
      > Founder-WoodGas - Power from wood
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WoodGas
      >
      > Natural Solar Building Design and
      > Solar Heating/Natural Cooling/Energy
      > Efficiency Consultation Since 1975
      > www.ThermalAttic.com (many new
      > photos and pages, coming soon)
      >
      > Read my Solar house design articles in:
      > -Energy Self-Sufficiency Newsletter-
      > www.essnmag.com
      >
      > Home base-LittleHouses YahooGroup
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LittleHouses/
      >
      > Founder-RefrigeratorAlternatives YahooGroup
      > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RefrigeratorAlternatives

    • LarenCorie
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 19, 2013
        From: <sabbadess@...>

        Sure. I will do it. It's only fair as I do most of the
        > yammering on this forum.

        Hi Stephen;

        Welcome to the WoodGas YahooGroup team ;O)

        I have already changed your settings, to Ta-Da!! "Moderator"
        Visit the group website. You will find that it is a little different,
        and that you have access to areas that you could not go before.
        Do a little exploring. If you have any questions, email me direct.

        -Laren Corie-
        Founder.Owner -WoodGas - Power from wood