Re: [WoodGas] Re: sergio's screw wood chipper

  • sergio loddi
    Message 1 of 64 , Jan 23, 2013
      Hi david

      We have mixed whether, one of those crazy mounthes ,one does not know whether  to be out or in
      but not snow yet and when it does only last a few seconds , hope things are good with you lives goes on years go by very quickly
      so many things to do never have the time to to half of them .look how long is taken me to get around puting this screw in the tube !! anyway ...the casing is 140mm in diameter  and to be honest I did not mesure the thikness but will do that for you , just picked it up at the breaker and made the screw to fit it.  but its a very thick
      You right oberving that there is a gap or ruther too much of a gap between the screw and the adge
      will sort that easily welding a spacer on the edge will do a close up video e foto in the morning and post that
       I saw this video how to make a screw profetionally http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23VBg0h8GnM
      I thought I would have a go to make a smaller not with hydraulics pressure brutal force with a large wrench and vice
      cutting the flights in halfs did simplify the job allot
      will keep you posted
      all the best
      sergio

      Message 64 of 64 , Feb 19, 2013
        great vid, looks like the angle pulls feedstock in to make your work easier.

        great camera work. when you walked to the woodpile, the camera did not shake. made me think of Les Stroud.

        one more thing for your resume.

        Dave