Re: [WoodGas] Questions about gasifier lids

  • sabbadess@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2012
      George,

      Here is how I do my lid(s):

      I use just the force of a Jeep hood latch to seal my lids. So far I wouldn't change it. Remember, once the machine starts the vacuum will apply even more down force.

      My Jeep latches have taken multiple puffs without any ill effects.

      To make a seal I use fiberglass rope with RTV slathered on the outside so I have a compliant non porous seal.:

      Stephen

      Message 2 of 4 , May 27, 2012
        Thanks to all for the suggestions. I'll figure out something from my on
        hand junk and post some pictures when I get it done.
        George