Re: indiana meet hotels

  • Ronald
    Message 1 of 11 , May 1, 2012
      Hi Mikey B The best hotel for the money is the Super 8. There is one in Rochester( 574-224-8080), and one in Plymouth(574-936-8856). The Rochester Super 8 hotel only has 7 smoking double rooms @ $70 per nite and the Plymouth hotel only has a few rooms left singles are $67, doubles are $71. I hope this helps if you need any this else feel free to contact me. Ron L.
      --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, "Mikey" <mikeybkm@...> wrote:

      > Hello All, I was wondering if anyone that lives near the Argos meet could recommend a good hotel in the area. Online reviews don't look promising for a few local hotels. Thanks, MikeyB

    • Ronald
      Message 2 of 11 , May 1, 2012
        The rooms are filling quickely because of events at Notre Dame, so if you want a room dont wait too long, also there is lots of room available for camping at the fairgrounds for $15 per night, this includes electric hook-up. Thanks Ron L.
        --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, "Ronald" <lempal@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mikey B The best hotel for the money is the Super 8. There is one in Rochester( 574-224-8080), and one in Plymouth(574-936-8856). The Rochester Super 8 hotel only has 7 smoking double rooms @ $70 per nite and the Plymouth hotel only has a few rooms left singles are $67, doubles are $71. I hope this helps if you need any this else feel free to contact me. Ron L.
        > --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, "Mikey" <mikeybkm@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello All, I was wondering if anyone that lives near the Argos meet could recommend a good hotel in the area. Online reviews don't look promising for a few local hotels. Thanks, MikeyB

      • ron ohler
        Message 3 of 11 , May 1, 2012
          Hi RonL,
          I messed up my post so here goes again.
          I'm planning on driving my small motor home down and would need a site. Wayne Baker and his friend Dave are probably driving down in Wayne's jeep. They might stay with me.
          #1 Do I need to get money sent in now for my planned 2 nights? If yes - what address?
          #2 Do Wayne and Dave need to pay separately?
          Best,
          Ron O

          Message 4 of 11 , May 1, 2012
            Hi Ron O. The caretaker said I could just collect the money for the sites at the meeting. and the $15 per night is for each site not per person ,I think.
            It sounds like you are staying in high class acconmodations bringing down a motor home at least it will be comfortable especially if it rains.If I only had a tent and it was rainy I would pitch it in the building it is fairly large it looks like it is around 40X100 ft, plenty of room. There are electric hook-ups and a dump stations for the RVs.
            Do you think it would be a good idea to have any schedule for events or planned projects going on at the meeting.and do you have any suggestions I am not a good planner, but it seems like if nothing is going on some will get bored, also I dont know how much liberty the fairgrounds will give us with industrial activities, fabricating, welding ect.But I dont see any problem with a little of this.
            I am glad you can make it looking forward to seeing you there any suggestions are appreciated, Thanks, Ron L.

            --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, ron ohler <ohler_ron@...> wrote:

            > Hi RonL,
            > I messed up my post so here goes again.
            > I'm planning on driving my small motor home down and would need a site. Wayne Baker and his friend Dave are probably driving down in Wayne's jeep. They might stay with me.
            > #1 Do I need to get money sent in now for my planned 2 nights? If yes - what address?
            > #2 Do Wayne and Dave need to pay separately?
            > Best,
            > Ron O

          • m briere
            Message 5 of 11 , May 1, 2012
              ________________________________
              Thanks for the info. I registered at Plymouth today.

              Message 6 of 11 , May 1, 2012
                Hi Ron L, You are doing a great job. Thank you. I could have set up our fair grounds here but was hoping to get a better draw from the folks in Kentucky, Tennessee, etc. and east and Michigan of course. Wisconsin is east bumb fk nowhere to most of this country and everyone coming from the east has to deal with Chicago. Anyone passing through this area is welcome to camp here Thursday night. I hope to get an early start for me on Friday. It is around 350 miles. I have no idea what will blow up on this trip. My route will be Linden - Darlington - Nora - Lena - Freeport - Rockford - LaSalle - Kankakee - Argos on HWY 10 .. If you know of any detours on HWY 10, please let me know ASAP.
                I got my 55 gallon locked tool box mounted on the trailer today. I figure to put the welder in the bottom and my 2 main tool boxes in it plus maybe the chain saw, battery charger and welding helmet .. Typical stuff :o) .. Hopefully you or one of the Michigan folks can bring a drill and bits etc .. I don't want to have to load up my whole shop. It's only 3 days etc etc etc ... I have a nice band saw and all that crap but it's not like we will be building anything there but someone may need to fix something to get home ..
                This is fun ..
                Tom C emailed me recently to let me / us know he won't be able to make it. He really wants to come but he has had a few heart attacks since January and his heart is in bad shape. He got to drive his truck 50 miles or so on wood. Broke his hip last year working on it and recovered from that but but but .. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I hope he doesn't get pissed at me for mentioning this here on the group. I will try to stop by if I get to Bruce's in July. One day at a time .. Keep it simple ...
                Mike LaRosa

                Message 7 of 11 , May 2, 2012
                  Hi Mike thanks for bringing the tools I am sure they will come in useful, there are others that are bringing some also if there is any thing we need I can bring it or pick it up.
                  I am bringing a plastic barrel for the tarry condensate, I think most of thoes driving in have monorators. I have a good way to get rid of it, and that stuff is nasty.

                  --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, "Mike LaRosa" <ook187@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > > I am glad you can make it looking forward to seeing you there any suggestions are appreciated, Thanks, Ron L.
                  > >
                  > > --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, ron ohler <ohler_ron@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi RonL,
                  > > > I messed up my post so here goes again.
                  > > > I'm planning on driving my small motor home down and would need a site. Wayne Baker and his friend Dave are probably driving down in Wayne's jeep. They might stay with me.
                  > > > #1 Do I need to get money sent in now for my planned 2 nights? If yes - what address?
                  > > > #2 Do Wayne and Dave need to pay separately?

                • Mike LaRosa
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 2, 2012
                    I have a drain pan but I usually just pave the shoulders .. ML