Re: Out with Max

  • Gareth Woolley
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1 2:43 AM
      Cheers for the heads up Mike. Maybe i need to try running my gas butterfly fully open and adjust the air butterfly to suit....
      currently, i open both air and gas butterflies a tad sort of equally depending on demand
      At present i have a 2" ball valve between the 45 gal barrel and the oil bath filter..shutting off the gas from the gasifier.I have been deliberating wheather this needs to be a 3", the same as the rest of the pipework from the gasifier into the barrel. That would mean that i will have to open up the pipework either side of the valve also as this is 2" from outlet of the 45 gal barrel more or less to the engine.(3 feet of pipe) I had thought that the cooler gas takes up less volume, ergo a smaller dia. run of pipe would be ok
      This valve gets shut after run down and so is shut ready for start up next time.