Re: [WoodGas] Re: Victory Gasworks has a community forum full of Ben's one-sided opinions

  • dave
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 2, 2011
      hey guys.
      please leave the personal attacks to personel emails. NOT HERE.

      ya'll are starting to sound like a bunch of old women.

      ben is doing a service for the wood gas community as are you larry
      but i think you can be deleted from the roster if it goes on.
      thank you
      dave

    • Brian
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 2, 2011
        Where is the Saint Louis Gasifier Group on Victory ?
        Deleted of Tuesday for a guy using the word GEK
        This is all becoming to much drama
        Brian

        Sent from my iPhone
      • larry G
        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 2, 2011
          Dave,

          I don't see how it's a personel attack and I know Ben is doing a service for
          Biomass Gasification. I don't take it personel if someone says my website
          has some spelling errors I just try and find them and fix them and move on.

          Larry G

          http://garringergasifier.com/index.html

          On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:27 PM, dave <oldbeeman@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > >
          > > Larry G
          > > http://garringergasifier.com/
          > >

          > > On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 3:15 AM, Jonathan<jonathanwoodgas@...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > >> Hey Woodgas people,
          > >>
          > >> This is for Mr. Garringer. I have heard you rant and rave on Ben before.
          > >> Let me give you some advice. Please correct the MANY spelling errors on
          > your
          > >> website before you ever cast judgement on someone else. I do agree with
          > some
          > >> of your issues with Ben, and I commend you on coming out with a gasser
          > at
          > >> such a low price point, but please have the decency to have proper
          > spelling
          > >> on your website before you ever, ever call someone else out. There is
          > plenty
          > >> of room for everyone to make a difference with gasification!

        • Mike LaRosa
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 2, 2011
            Larry, I know Kansas is a long ways away but I wish you were going to show up there. I'd love to see a square unit. My only concern would be the flex on the sides and eventual fatigue from it. This may only be a problem with varying loads like with a truck or car pulling on it. At any rate, hang in there and keep crankin them out. There is a market for them and I wish you your fair share of it .. Mike L

            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 2, 2011
              Mike L,

              Wish I could be there too but with 4 kids it hard to find time to get away
              with out letting one of them down. I build the Garringer Gasifier out of 14
              gage cold rolled so it's really tough, but it would help to see one first
              hand. I made it this far and I'm not going to stop now but thank so much for
              your support.

              Larry G
              http://garringergasifier.com/forum/

              On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:58 PM, Mike LaRosa <ook187@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > >
              > > Larry G
              > > http://garringergasifier.com/
              > >

              > > On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 3:15 AM, Jonathan <jonathanwoodgas@...> wrote:
              > >

              > > > Hey Woodgas people,
              > > >
              > > > This is for Mr. Garringer. I have heard you rant and rave on Ben
              > before.
              > > > Let me give you some advice. Please correct the MANY spelling errors on
              > your
              > > > website before you ever cast judgement on someone else. I do agree with
              > some
              > > > of your issues with Ben, and I commend you on coming out with a gasser
              > at
              > > > such a low price point, but please have the decency to have proper
              > spelling
              > > > on your website before you ever, ever call someone else out. There is
              > plenty
              > > > of room for everyone to make a difference with gasification!

            • mike o
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 2, 2011
                Seriously???
                OOE

                --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, Brian <gooper47@...> wrote:

                > Where is the Saint Louis Gasifier Group on Victory ?
                > Deleted of Tuesday for a guy using the word GEK
                > This is all becoming to much drama
                > Brian
                >
                > Sent from my iPhone

              • jim
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 2, 2011
                  --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, Brian <gooper47@...> wrote:

                  > Where is the Saint Louis Gasifier Group on Victory ?
                  > Deleted of Tuesday for a guy using the word GEK
                  > This is all becoming to much drama
                  > Brian
                  >
                  > Sent from my iPhone

                  folks, let's be nice to ben. he's contributing a lot to the general endeavor these days. trying to not go bankrupt and get divorced while making gasifiers is a non-trivial challenge. the stress can get to one quite easily.

                  there is plenty of room for many to be playing in this space. there is no finite pie or zero sum problem. we need all the contribution, collaboration and general communication we can get. round ones, square ones, triangular ones and pentagonal ones-- let a hundred flowers bloom! let's a thousand schools contend!

                  as for "my gasifier is the best and the other guy's is junk" claims, remember any gasifier can work poorly if operated on incorrect fuel or out of spec. most of the differences we hear between gasifier reports are from the fuel prep particulars and the operator expertise. better designs can expand the envelope of tolerable operation, but until you get the basics of fuel and operation correct, any gasifier will give you a mess.

                  beyond this the significant differences are whether regular use is possible, or just a pr demo. long and regular runs are a sobering bar to surmount once one is done with the "horray it works" youtube clips.

                  there are a ton of detailed product design issues far removed from the basic reactor that must get worked out before there is a total system ready for daily use by regular mortals. the reactor gets all the attention at first. but after a bit one finds it is one of many interelated problems all of which need lots of work, and their total challenge dwarfs the core reactor challenge.

                  in the infamous words of george w bush, "hard work is hard".

                • Brian
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 3, 2011
                    YES
                    I am done with the groups . Wish everybody the best .
                    Brian

                    Sent from my iPhone
                  • Jonathan
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 3, 2011
                      Hey Woodgassers,

                      Looking back, I regret bringing my opinion into this. It won't happen again.
                    • Terry Houston
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 3, 2011
                        Hello Mike,
                        I'm behind on my mail again, been spending all of my "spare" time building on my gasifier. Just had what I believe is the last part fabbed from out sourcing that I needed, so now all I have to do is finish fabbing my last blast door and start putting the beast together. I'm really happy with this new design and the way it's coming together. Hopefully I'll be firing it up in about a month and double hopefully it will perform as expected. I'll start another album when I get it fired up.
                        TJ