Re: Hello everyon! I'm going to try to build a Gasifier!

  • Barny Dan
    Message 1 of 65 , Jul 6, 2010
      Many thanks to everyone welcoming me your group!

      I've never really used yahoo groups before, so I'm still learning how to navigate. Its going to take me a very long time to go threw all the threads here.

      Does anyone know if a product such as this one
      http://www.car-stuff.com/carparts/chevroletblazer20032005jetchipsj2015015258030.html
      could be used to electronically change ignition timing other than their presets?

      I'm probably a little ahead of myself, but I am concerned ignition timing may be a show stopper.

      thanks again.

      --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, Stuart Perkins <perkins.stuart@...> wrote:

      > You are definitely in the right place.
      >

      > On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 00:45 +0000, Barny Dan wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I just signed up to this yahoo group. I found you guys after running
      > > across Information on Mike LaRosa from www.woodgas.net. I looked threw
      > > Mikes images on his website and was blown away!
      > >
      > > Inspired by Mike LaRosa's design's, I am gathering parts and
      > > information to build a similar Gasifier.
      > >
      > > Coincidentally I just had the rotors replaced on my 2005 Chevy Blazer.
      > > I kept the rotors because I was shocked to see how badly they had worn
      > > down, and wanted to show my friends. Now I have a perfect use for
      > > them. they are a little small, but they should be perfect for a test
      > > gasifier!
      > >
      > > I don't know if this is the place to ask questions, so feel free to
      > > set me strait if I am stepping over my bounds.
      > >
      > > Mike I sent you an e-mail asking a similar question, but I am going to
      > > ask here as well. :)
      > >
      > > I was wondering what all might be involved in connecting a gasifier to
      > > my newer fule injection vehicle? It is electronically controlled, and
      > > does not have a distributor. I know very little about vehicle
      > > mechanics, though I hope I will learn.
      > >
      > > well I hope to get started soon on my test gasifier, and I will post
      > > pictures of my progress and update my profile as I go along.
      > >
      > > Thanks for such a great group!
      > >
      > > Adam

    • Mike LaRosa
      Message 65 of 65 , Sep 24, 2010
        Meschke, I just posted a picture of my hearth at the nozzles yesterday or this morning. There are some cracks where I have drilled the nozzle holes but it is unlikely that these will spread beyond the lip of the emergency brake drum. This rotor also has the tubes hammered in it so it doesn't matter anyway. The restriction is fine. That hearth probably has 4 or 5 thousand miles on it but I really don't keep track anymore. I just changed the oil and had over 4000 miles on it. Almost all of my local driving is on wood. around 1800 miles was on the Alabama trip and 1000 on the Michigan trip. Around 500 of those miles were on wood so probably 1500 to 2000 on that oil change were on wood. Maybe I should keep better track but most of my drives are around 20 miles round trip so I'd go nuts keeping track. I have never done stainless so can't comment on that ... Mike L