steam ejector?

  • Bruce Jackson
    Message 1 of 94 , Mar 1, 2010
      Has anyone used a wood fired steam ejector to start their producers?
      BPJ

    • Natural Treasures Massage Products
      Message 94 of 94 , Mar 29, 2010
        I work with pure glycerine. It burns really nice with a clean blue flame. It is a polyhydroxy alcohol, similar to propanol. The glycerine from the bio-diesel thing is pretty wet so it is a questionable as to whether you are trying to burn glycerine or water.

        One of the byproducts of incomplete combustion of glycerine is acrolein, which will make you cry like a baby and make your lungs hurt.

        David

        From: Mike LaRosa <ook187@...>
        To: WoodGas@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sunday, March 28, 2010, 11:00 PM

        Dave, The only glycerine I have ever seen was in a 55 gallon barrel out on Bruce Jackson's bush property. Large bear prints in the mud there and they had knocked the barrel around quite a bit and had been licking the stuff out of it. I was glad to be staying in town at his house rather than camping in the bush. I would still think you would need the charcoal base but I bet you could sneak some in or soak a batch of lightweight wood like poplar in it and blend in with your regular stuff. I would think dripping it into the hopper might work as well. I still have't tried my walnuts in mine yet to see if the oils in the nuts make for more power .. Mike L