RE: [WoodGas] Digest Number 310

  • chris.stratford@kodak.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
      The shortest answer would likely be wrong in this case. The mennonites
      are not lazy greedy avaricious environment rapers. Duh. I suspect that
      they believe they are stewards of their portion of God's creations, and
      would welcome a way to be a better steward.

      most people don't understand combustion processes, and don't know about
      wood gasses and secondary air and such.

      Just because they have irritated you doesn't mean that was their intent.
      If you can show them a better way they would likely adopt it - just try
      to avoid the condescending "let me enlighten your foolish superstitious
      mind" attitude that many people have towards the devoutly religious.

      Oh yeah - where is it written that social activism and wealth are
      mutually exclusive?

      & Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 06:03:20 -0000
      & From: "kerosene_freezer" <kerosene_freezer@...>
      &Subject: Re: fuel-efficiency of a wicked kerosene appliance?
      &
      &> explain to
      &> me why when the Memonites out here bake/cook around
      &> their type of heating, Kerosene ..I can get a terrible
      &> killing stomach pain as I did one time eating their
      &> dried fruit.
      &
      &
      & The shortest answer is, they're hypocrits. They purport to be
      &terribly socially-activist, but here they are, being too cheap and
      &too lazy to properly process their combustion gases.
      &
      &If they are actually using your breathing-air supply as a sort of
      &ashtray, then the real answer is to sue them. Beleive me,
      ¬withstanding their social-activism charades, many are quite
      &wealthy. If their wealth arose from polluting your supply of clean
      &breathable air, then fight back.
    • Jacqueline
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2005
        Hey Chris,

        LOL, I think your over reacting a bit...its OK. I
        adored the post of words. There's a town out here
        that is basically Mennonites. Anyways, I only go
        there to get the oatmeal in a big pound bag. Now, the
        other guy down my hwy here is a Mennonite and don't
        like his oatmeal, so as you say, they go thru the
        stages in their own way of processing.

        As for lawsuits, I will most prob in one with my last
        employer. It's amazing when you get older how some of
        the younger in years even by 10 yrs treat you..Perhaps
        in fear when they start their aging process..

        Jacqueline

        http://mail.yahoo.com