Re: GPU Specs

  • Dutch John
    Message 1 of 52 , May 1, 2009
      --- In WoodGas@yahoogroups.com, garret <garret@...> wrote:
      > that's 420 m^3/hour.

      No, that's crazy.

      You really need to start reading the bibles on woodgas, I mentioned in my previous post.

      Regards,
      DJ
      http://woodgas.nl/
    • W J Seidl
      Message 52 of 52 , May 4, 2009
        Guys, er, excuse me...geniuses!

        I wanted to take a minute and thank you all again for that advice.
        After draining the "god only knows what" from the transmission
        I refilled it with "real" 80/90W. Cured a bunch of growling (except from
        me when I had to pay for three buckets of the stuff at $53 ea.+tax.)
        in the tranny at high speed (around 30 in high range/9)

        I also find that I can now go in and out of 4WD (at will!) without
        having to sacrifice a
        goat and wave a dead chicken over my head three times. it was stuck in 4WD
        before. Shifts high/low range easier too.
        Amazing what "real" lube will do. Remember this machine has only 280 hours
        on it, but it's 11 years old.

        For the record...what came out of the transmission and differential was
        goose-poop gray/green, and thicker than pancake batter. It took 5 hours to
        drain 10 gallons through a one inch dia. hole.(Yes, really...in 70F
        weather)
        I then flushed it as best I could (no filter on this one) with four
        gallons of mineral spirits through a suction
        gun, over and over again, to get rid of the (estimated) inch of dreck on
        the bottom of the case. And oh, did it stink. Worse than skunk cabbage
        in August.
        It must have had a serious algae problem. The front axle and drives and
        transfer cases were all dark
        brown/black oil that smelled like 80/90, so they were ok...no trouble
        there.
        Changed them anyway.

        I'm not even going to attempt to reclaim whatever it is...it goes
        straight to the recycler.
        And good riddance!

        But I did want to tell you all how much I appreciate all the advice...it
        helped a lot.
        Thanks again.

        Best,
        Wayne Seidl