Introduction

  • nosaj_d
    Message 1 of 36 , Aug 31, 2008
      Hello
      My name is Jason and I'm a gasaholic. Its been years. I'm here to
      join your multistep program to curb my dependency. I have taken the
      first step and seeked help. I will need your wealth of knowledge.

      I was watching the tube one night and after winning the right to
      the remote I switched it off one of the god awful reality shows that
      my wife watches and went to the trusty discovery channel where I
      watched in amazement, a program on turning a truck into a wood burning
      vehicle. I had never heard of this nor even thought it could be
      possible. I knew smoke burned and that it wasn't the actual wood
      burning but never knew that it could be taken to the level that it
      could run an engine. After watching this eye opening show I did some
      research for a month or two and discovered this group and many other
      sites and plans. Happy in the knowledge I could do this if I had too I
      thought it was over. Until I mentioned it to the peanut gallery of
      naysayers I call coworkers. I don't take nay saying so well and the
      challenge was started.

      My plan was set in motion. I work as a journeyman refrigeration
      mechanic with experience in plumbing, gas fitting, tin bashing, and
      electrical. I have all the vessels and sheet metal tools I need at my
      disposal. Thus far I have built most of the gassifier and the vortex
      filter. I have yet to build the filter and cooler. My donor vehicle
      will be a 93 Chev 350 extended cab 4x4. It only travels on long trips
      to hang gliding competitions and family visits. Minimum 6 hour trips.
      The fist one I am building will be the standard 40 gal hot water tank
      imbert but in the future I plan to cut the top off it and add a
      massive hopper/monorator for the longer trips I do.

      I will add pictures as soon as I shoot some and add them in.

      I hope you will let me in to your group. What I lack in experience
      I make up for with enthusiasm and theoretical/scientific thinking.
    • Mike LaRosa
      Message 36 of 36 , Apr 30, 2012
        Troy, My experience with gasifiers in parallel is that they work fine if sized right just like a 2 or 4 barrel carborator. I have a valve on my truck to pull to suck off the second one when running two at the same time. Of course it's a pain to light and refill two but it works well. Mike LaRosa