Poll results for WKneedle

  • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 28, 2009
      The following WKneedle poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: Would you prefer the regular Needleworkers Guild meetings at Crown Tournaments to be held at:

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - 1:00pm, 1 votes, 4.76%
      - 2:00pm, 11 votes, 52.38%
      - 3:00pm, 9 votes, 42.86%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WKneedle

      http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/general.html
    • WKneedle@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
        The following WKneedle poll is now closed. Here are the
        final results:

        POLL QUESTION: What kinds of classes would you like to see the Needleworkers Guild offer at Crown events?

        The suggestions below are not in any particular order (and some may overlap), and you can vote for as many as you like.

        CHOICES AND RESULTS
        - Basic embroidery, 5 votes, 2.75%
        - Cross stitch, 6 votes, 3.30%
        - Blackwork, 8 votes, 4.40%
        - Lacis (embroidered net), 5 votes, 2.75%
        - Quilting, 4 votes, 2.20%
        - Couching (applied cord), 7 votes, 3.85%
        - Trapunto (corded or stuffed quilting), 6 votes, 3.30%
        - Smocking, 9 votes, 4.95%
        - Costume embroidery, 11 votes, 6.04%
        - Embroidery for household items, 10 votes, 5.49%
        - Byzantine embroidery, 6 votes, 3.30%
        - Saxon/Viking embroidery, 8 votes, 4.40%
        - Early (Pre-1000 AD) embroidery, 9 votes, 4.95%
        - Other (please explain in e-mail), 2 votes, 1.10%
        - Canvaswork (tent stitch, "needlepoint"), 5 votes, 2.75%
        - Pattern darning, 5 votes, 2.75%
        - Laid work (Bayeux tapestry), 8 votes, 4.40%
        - Brick stitch (counted-thread flat stitch), 7 votes, 3.85%
        - Gold work, 11 votes, 6.04%
        - Beadwork, 9 votes, 4.95%
        - Split stitch, 7 votes, 3.85%
        - Elizabethan embroidery, 10 votes, 5.49%
        - Drawn or pulled thread (whitework), 8 votes, 4.40%
        - Applique, 7 votes, 3.85%
        - Reticella (needle lace), 9 votes, 4.95%

        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WKneedle

        http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/general.html
      • Sorcha
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
          Seems that the top eight are….
          -         Costume embroidery, 11 votes, 6.04%
          -         Gold work, 11 votes, 6.04%
          -         Embroidery for household items, 10 votes, 5.49%
          -         Elizabethan embroidery, 10 votes, 5.49%
          -         Beadwork, 9 votes, 4.95%
          -         Smocking, 9 votes, 4.95%
          -         Early (Pre-1000 AD) embroidery, 9 votes, 4.95%
          -         Reticella (needle lace), 9 votes, 4.95%

        • Judith Winner
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2009
            On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Sorcha<pjbarnes1@...> wrote:

            > Seems that the top eight are….
            [...]
            > -         Early (Pre-1000 AD) embroidery, 9 votes, 4.95%

            If anyone teaches a class on this subject - particularly as applies to
            the Northern European area, I would be interested in the notes. It's a
            bit far for me to just "pop over" for a visit to the West Kingdom. ;)

            Your servant & lurker,
            Finnseach de Locheil (the crazy one researching sheep "breeds" of the
            4th-7th centuries in N. Scotland & N. Europe)
            Shire of Dernehealde, Middle Kingdom
            http://home.frognet.net/~judith/
            --
            "I'm buying this fleece/fiber now in case I have an emergency... you
            know, sickness, flood, injury, mosquito infestations, not enough
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009
              >POLL QUESTION: What kinds of classes would you like to see the
              >Needleworkers Guild offer at Crown events?

              I've reordered the replies by number of votes, most first, and
              alphabetized the responses.

              CHOICES AND RESULTS

[...]

              I'm curious what those 2 Others were...
              --
              Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
              the persona formerly known as Anahita
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 1, 2013
                The following WKneedle poll is now closed. Here are the
                final results:

                POLL QUESTION: While the Rose Pouch project has people signed up through 2015 and through the grace of others I have 3 extra pouches, it would be nice to have a few more "extra" to fill in when needed or interest wanes. To that end I would like to have a class or workshop to "produce" some pouches. If class it will be held at Collegium and pretty bare bones. You take the class, the materials and return a completed applique version pouch. If workshop it would be about 6 hours, held next spring in Half Moon Bay. It would have applique, decoration with leather or couched cord/braid/etc, how to make a finger loop braid, indepth finishing, etc. Taking the poll does not commit you to attend either way.

                CHOICES AND RESULTS
                - 2 hour Collegium class, 2 votes, 33.33%
                - day long workshop, 4 votes, 66.67%

                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WKneedle