Pentangle (no Strwabs)

  • Dick Greener
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
      Saw Pentangle at the Royal Festival Hall on Sunday - 40 years on almost to
      the day from their live RFH recording Sweet Child. Fabulous, almost
      faultless show, sound done by our very own sound man, Paul, which was just
      perfect.

      They're on tour round the country now, well worth seeing if there are any
      tickets left.

      DICK GREENER
      London, UK
      e-mail: dgreener@...
      STRAWBSWEB - www.strawbsweb.co.uk
      "You'll scarcely believe all the pleasures inside"
    • lasorrell1234
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
        And I saw Jools Holland on Sunday, which brought back a little bit of
        Cropredy. He was excellent in a "Jools Holland big band" kind of way
        as usual. Must say I thought Marc Almond was very good with him, but
        he definitely wasn't Lulu.

        Jools is always in his waiting limo literally within 30 seconds of
        finishing the show by the way - always the same apparently, the big
        black chauffeur-driven car waits with the engine running and he's off
        and out. No "meet and greets" for Jools fans!

        Lindsay

        --- In Witchwood@yahoogroups.com, Dick Greener <dgreener@...> wrote:

        > Saw Pentangle at the Royal Festival Hall on Sunday - 40 years on
        almost to
        > the day from their live RFH recording Sweet Child. Fabulous, almost
        > faultless show, sound done by our very own sound man, Paul, which
        was just
        > perfect.
        >
        > They're on tour round the country now, well worth seeing if there
        are any
        > tickets left.

        > DICK GREENER
        > London, UK
        > e-mail: dgreener@...
        > STRAWBSWEB - www.strawbsweb.co.uk
        > "You'll scarcely believe all the pleasures inside"

      • Jon Hall
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
          Dick Greener wrote:

          >Saw Pentangle at the Royal Festival Hall on Sunday - 40 years on almost to
          >the day from their live RFH recording Sweet Child. Fabulous, almost
          >faultless show, sound done by our very own sound man, Paul, which was just
          >perfect.

          In the Times today:

          <http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/live_reviews/article4245838.ece>http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/live_reviews/article4245838.ece

          I'll be at the Sage Gateshead concert.
          Jon.