Re: [Witchwood] Nomadness

  • neilpunnett@cs.com
    Message 1 of 239 , Jul 1, 2001
      Abandoning The Strawbs after Nomadness? The same thing almost happened to me
      - but the brilliant "Hanging in the Gallery" saved the day. This is one of
      Dave's songs which works really well as a poem, I think. But I'm not a poet -
      Doug, do you agree?

      I actually read out "Hanging in the Gallery" in a university tutorial and
      claimed that it was written by Dylan Thomas, just to see the effect. It
      worked really well; serious English Literature students (who didn't know as
      much Dylan Thomas as they thought) started raving about it - "this is a
      marvellous work", "such rhyme and metre", "such insightful vision". Nasty
      trick, I know, and boy were they pissed off when they learned it was "only a
      pop song". But still, it is a great poem......
    • adifrentdrumr
      Message 239 of 239 , Sep 27, 2009
        This album was always a favorite of mine as well. The re-issue is up on the top of my wishlist - now I look forward to it even more, having read your comments.

        -Joannie
        (aka adifrentdrumr)
        in NJ