Bahai

  • Fairie Queen
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 1999
      I dated a Bahai for a very long time and at first I thought it was something
      to do with the Islamic faith too, which made me a bit hesitant when it came
      to "Oh hey one day do you want to go to Iran with me?" hehehe :o)

      What I found out was that the Bahai faith is indeed a gorgeous one, with the
      basic principles coming from all the best bits of other religions and
      beliefs, its very much like being an eclectic believer where all things good
      are upheld without the nasty oppression bits.

      From what he told me, his family and many other Bahais in Iran about 10
      years ago were either told to quit their beliefs or nick off. Him and his
      family crossed the desert to (Pakistan, Afghanistan) somewhere together and
      them came here to Australia refusing to give up their faith.

      I have had a lot of friends that Ive found have had the same experience and
      are now living in Australia. There is information about the faith all over
      the place and very upfront and accessible. I think its a rather lovely
      belief system :o)

      Jay

      >That's the Bahai Temple. I could be wrong but I believe the Bahai faith is
      >an offshoot of the Islamic faith, I believe the Jewish faith is somewhere
      >mixed up in it to.........anyone know?
      >
      >Gnader may know more.
      >
      >hugo

      >OzPagan - exploring the psychic experience
      >http://www.ozpagan.com
      >Replies to: WitchesWorkshop@onelist.com
      ><< text3.html >>
    • Suzanne Maxim
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 1999
        Hi All,

        > That's the Bahai Temple. I could be wrong but I believe the Bahai faith is
        > an offshoot of the Islamic faith, I believe the Jewish faith is somewhere
        > mixed up in it to.........anyone know?

        My (step) mother's family are Bahai's ... some time ago I found a link on a Witchy web site that was
        about the Bahai faith, when I told my mum she was amazed and wanted to check it out because, as far as
        she was concerned, Witchcraft was against the Bahai philosophy. We had a bit of a "discussion" about
        this because, with my limited knowledge about the Bahai faith, I thought that Bahai's accepted all
        other faiths. My mother still didn't think that Witch/Wicca would be accepted ... I think this may be
        because she doesn't see Witchcraft/Wicca/Pagan as a faith!

        If you want to know more about Bahai, check out this site:

        http://www.vic.bahai.org.au/

        ~*#BB#*~
        Suzanne
      • angie campillo
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 1999
          MM Suzzane

          While i was in India 3 months ago I visited a Bahai Temple in Delhi. This
          temple resembles the opera house however in a lotus flower shape and built
          in white marble. It is quite impressive however there was not much to do
          after you had gone through the ritual of taking your shoes off to go in and
          look at the temple's dome which is 34m high. I have some wonderful pics.
          Might even get motivated enough to scan them and send them through if anyone
          is interested. For me personally it certaintly didn't beat the temple
          dedicated to Shri Sila Devi (Goddess of strength) in the Amber Fort in
          Jaipur.

          BB
          angie
          the nocturnal goddess

          > > That's the Bahai Temple. I could be wrong but I believe the Bahai faith
          is
          > > an offshoot of the Islamic faith, I believe the Jewish faith is
          somewhere
          > > mixed up in it to.........anyone know?
          >
          > My (step) mother's family are Bahai's ... some time ago I found a link on
          a Witchy web site that was
          > about the Bahai faith, when I told my mum she was amazed and wanted to
          check it out because, as far as
          > she was concerned, Witchcraft was against the Bahai philosophy. We had a
          bit of a "discussion" about
          > this because, with my limited knowledge about the Bahai faith, I thought
          that Bahai's accepted all
          > other faiths. My mother still didn't think that Witch/Wicca would be
          accepted ... I think this may be
          > because she doesn't see Witchcraft/Wicca/Pagan as a faith!
          >
          > If you want to know more about Bahai, check out this site:
          >
          > http://www.vic.bahai.org.au/
          >

          > ~*#BB#*~
          > Suzanne

          > OzPagan - exploring the psychic experience
          > http://www.ozpagan.com
          > Replies to: WitchesWorkshop@onelist.com

        • TRICIA COONEY
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 1999
            Haven't got a lot to add re: Bahai, but know that they are very active
            in promoting world peace and humanitarian ideals, friends have worked
            with them on spiral ceremonies for peace at Bondi. I worked with an
            Iranian women's group who were of the Bahai faith (they tend to call
            themselves Persian, because they were driven from Iran as refugees
            because of their faith).

            They told me that they believe in education, and if all the children in
            a family cannot be educated then the girls should receive the higher
            education. If you educate the woman she will also educate the next
            generation, they said.

            They are also working on the Aboriginal Reconciliation committee. I
            believe they welcome people from all faiths - that may be why their
            temples are empty of images,

            love
            Tricia
          • angie campillo
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 3, 1999
              MM Suzzane

              While i was in India 3 months ago I visited a Bahai Temple in Delhi. This temple resembles the Sydney Opera House however designed to look like a lotus flower shape and built in white marble. It is quite impressive however there was not much to do after you had gone through the ritual of lining up to take your shoes off to go in and look at the temple's dome which is 34m high. I have some wonderful pics.

              Might even get motivated enough to scan them and send them through if anyone
              is interested. For me personally it certaintly didn't beat the temple dedicated to Shri Sila Devi (Goddess of strength) in the Amber Fort in Jaipur where you get to ride on an telephant up to the palace.

              BB
              angie
              the nocturnal goddess