Sorry if this post is out of place

  • BSP Productions
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
      MM

      On April 8th I will be competing in the Forster Ironman Triathlon. It is a race that consists of a 3.8klm swim, 180klm bike ride and 42.2klm run. My purpose for doing this race is to usse it as an avenue to raise the public, and particularly womens, awareness of Ovarian Cancer. At present there is no early detection tests for this disease and unfortunately it is not discovered in women until around stage 4, this giving only an 18% chance of recovery. If it is discovered at stage 1, and this is ussually by accident, the chances of survival are nearly 80%.

      I have the backing of the NSW Cancer Council, and all money raised will be going to them. None of the money raised will be ussed to cover my entry fees, accomodation etc.

      If anyone on the list would like to donate, please e-mail me and I will give you the details of where to send your donation.

      Once again, I'm sorry if this is not the appropriate place to post a message like this, but I think it is an important cause.

      BB

      Brad Page

    • Fyrespirit2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2001
        MM,

        I for one will be wishing you well & much success!! I love to watch the
        Ironman competitions.
        Brightest Blessings

        FyreSpirit