Re: [WitchesWorkshop] Tarot Meditation

  • .Nisaba Merrieweather
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1 12:57 PM
      G'dday.

      craig wrote:

      > Some techniques I've seen used are:
      >
      > * Focused contemplation on the cards (Just looking and noting any
      > realisations that arise)
      >
      > * Freeform "Portal" meditations using a card as a key ("stepping into" the
      > world of the card while in trance)

      These are the two forms of Tarot work that are easiest and most
      productive for most people.

      something else that I do, which I call "active Tarot", is to do a
      reading on myself in the normal way, note what energies I would like to
      change in the reading as it relates to my inner life, remove each card
      that represents an energy I want removed, and replace purposefully with
      a card whose energy is closer to what I would deem appropriate in that
      aspect of my life.

      > What I'm wanting to know is how do you personally use meditation to connect
      > with a card?

      Well, I drop into a middle-trance: deep enough to be detached from
      ordinary concerns and magically focussed, but shallow enough to maintain
      clear will and direction, then I either visualise the card if I know it
      well enough, or look at it if I don't. Opening eyes in a trance is easy
      enough with practice.

      .Nisaba Merrieweather
      nisaba@...
      ICQ: 40506438
      Go gcreime scata Fomhórach ólta do ghrianán rúnda.
    • craig
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5 12:54 AM
        Thanks for your feedback Nisaba. I was hoping you'd share your 2c.

        Blessings,

        C.
        > * Focused contemplation on the cards (Just looking and noting any
        > realisations that arise)
        >
        > * Freeform "Portal" meditations using a card as a key ("stepping into"
        the
        > world of the card while in trance)

        These are the two forms of Tarot work that are easiest and most
        productive for most people.

        something else that I do, which I call "active Tarot", is to do a
        reading on myself in the normal way, note what energies I would like to
        change in the reading as it relates to my inner life, remove each card
        that represents an energy I want removed, and replace purposefully with
        a card whose energy is closer to what I would deem appropriate in that
        aspect of my life.

        > What I'm wanting to know is how do you personally use meditation to
        connect
        > with a card?

        Well, I drop into a middle-trance: deep enough to be detached from
        ordinary concerns and magically focussed, but shallow enough to maintain
        clear will and direction, then I either visualise the card if I know it
        well enough, or look at it if I don't. Opening eyes in a trance is easy
        enough with practice.

        .Nisaba Merrieweather
        nisaba@...
        ICQ: 40506438
        Go gcreime scata Fomhórach ólta do ghrianán rúnda.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        www. .com

        The WitchesWorkshop egroup holds the expectation
        that a tolerant and respectful dialogue be strived
        for in our communication with other pagans, witches
        magicians, et al. Members are encouraged to
        challenge anyone not adhering to these principles
        and to notify the list-owners. <ozpagan@...>

        OzPagan - exploring the psychic experience
        http://www.ozpagan.com
        Replies to: WitchesWorkshop@egroups.com