RE: [WitchesWorkshop] Re: Hello

  • Signi Fire
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 1, 2012
      I'm not being flippant, but explaining a whole spirituality from scratch is a big ask! I'd honestly recommend wikipedia's entries on paganism and wicca as a really good starting point, as they have heaps of hyperlinks to follow, describing the various paths in overview. Wiki's great for starting research, since the links lead you in some cool directions, and you get plenty of keywords to do wider research with. I'm sure if you have any specific questions, we can help you.

      There are a lot of different approaches to Paganism, and lots of starting points; my personal recommendations for a beginner, book-wise, would be Starhawk's classic "The Spiral Dance". I could throw a whole reading list at you but that can be very overwhelming. I love Starhawk as an introduction to 'general' paganism. She writes beautifully, and explains clearly. It's been around for a *long* time, too, so you can generally pick up a copy very cheaply.

      My very first book on Paganism was Paddy Slade's "Natural Magic", which is British-based, but I loved the 'feel' of the book.

      Good luck!

      > Hi i am new to this paganism thing, and i was wondering if i could possibly get an introduction on it or something? Like does someone know of a great site that has lots of information about the basics of witchcraft and such, or could someone give me a rundown of the essential ideas that witchcraft and paganism revolve around if there are such?

      > Thankyou!

      __.<!--
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp
      {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;padding:0 10px;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp hr
      {border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp #ecxhd
      {color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp #ecxads
      {margin-bottom:10px;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp .ecxad
      {padding:0 0;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp .ecxad p
      {;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mkp .ecxad a
      {color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxygrp-lc
      {font-family:Arial;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxygrp-lc #ecxhd
      {font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxygrp-lc .ecxad
      {margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
      .ExternalClass a
      {color:#1e66ae;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxactions
      {font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxactivity
      {background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span
      {font-weight:700;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span a
      {color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span span
      {color:#ff7900;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxactivity span .ecxunderline
      {text-decoration:underline;}
      .ExternalClass .ecxattach
      {clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px 0;width:400px;}
      .ExternalClass .ecxattach div a
      {text-decoration:none;}
      .ExternalClass .ecxattach img
      {border:none;padding-right:5px;}
      .ExternalClass .ecxattach label
      {display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}
      .ExternalClass .ecxattach label a
      {text-decoration:none;}
      .ExternalClass blockquote
      {;}
      .ExternalClass .ecxbold
      {font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}
      .ExternalClass .ecxbold a
      {text-decoration:none;}
      .ExternalClass dd.ecxlast p a
      {font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}
      .ExternalClass dd.ecxlast p span
      {margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}
      .ExternalClass dd.ecxlast p span.ecxyshortcuts
      {margin-right:0;}
      .ExternalClass div.ecxattach-table div div a
      {text-decoration:none;}
      .ExternalClass div.ecxattach-table
      {width:400px;}
      .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a, .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a:active, .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a:hover, .ExternalClass div.ecxfile-title a:visited
      {text-decoration:none;}
      .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a, .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a:active, .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a:hover, .ExternalClass div.ecxphoto-title a:visited
      {text-decoration:none;}
      .ExternalClass ecxdiv#ygrp-mlmsg #ecxygrp-msg p a span.ecxyshortcuts
      {font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}
      .ExternalClass .ecxgreen
      {color:#628c2a;}
      .ExternalClass .ecxMsoNormal
      {;}
      .ExternalClass ecxo
      {font-size:0;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxphotos div
      {float:left;width:72px;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxphotos div div
      {border:1px solid #666666;height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxphotos div label
      {color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxreco-category
      {font-size:77%;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxreco-desc
      {font-size:77%;}
      .ExternalClass .ecxreplbq
      {;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg
      {font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica,clean, sans-serif;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg table
      {font-size:inherit;font:100%;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg select, .ExternalClass input, .ExternalClass textarea
      {font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg pre, .ExternalClass code
      {font:115% monospace;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg ecx*
      {line-height:1.22em;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg #ecxlogo
      {padding-bottom:10px;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-mlmsg a
      {color:#1E66AE;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-msg p a
      {font-family:Verdana;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-msg ecxp#attach-count span
      {color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-reco #ecxreco-head
      {color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-reco
      {margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxov li a
      {font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxov li
      {font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-sponsor #ecxov ul
      {padding:0 0 0 8px;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-text
      {font-family:Georgia;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-text p
      {;}
      .ExternalClass #ecxygrp-text tt
      {font-size:120%;}

      -->

    • amanda kupkovic
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 22, 2012
        Hello Artemis19896, It is good to see that there are people out there that are joining  paganism
        Hail Satan