RE: [WitchesWorkshop] Re: ABC Lateline (10.20pm) features a story about the census and Pagans and Witches

  • Signi Fire
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2012
      How refreshing to see Wicca represented in the maintream media as a 'wacky' religion, occupying the same space as the criminally-unethical Scientology, and a made-up sci-fi belif system, put in place to belittle the whole census system. How dignified and validating.
      Thanks, mainstream media, for nothing. Again.:/

      Sarah
      Not even a Wiccan, but thoroughly disgusted anyway.

      It's official, there are four times as many Wiccans as Scientologists!

      http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2012/s3536106.htm

      --- In WitchesWorkshop@yahoogroups.com, "Ozpagan" <timozpagan@...> wrote:

      > Tonight's ABC Lateline (10.20pm) features a story about the census and Pagans and Witches reflecting on the rapid growth and interest the "old religion" that is 'new' again. I'm looking forward to see how a serious "news analysis program�cover[ing] of Australian and international events" treats this subject.

      > There's nothing about it on their page yet but I have it from a reliable source that it will be on tonight.

      > http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/

      > vinum sabbati,

      > Tim Ozpagan

    • Ahkeylah
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 30, 2012
        and the follow-up posting says...

        Re: ABC Lateline (10.20pm) features a story about the census and Pag
        Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:30 pm (PDT) . Posted by: "WitchesWorkshop-owner@yahoogroups.com"

        It's official, there are four times as many Wiccans as Scientologists!
        http://www.abc net.au/lateline/ content/2012/ s3536106. htm

        ... good to know :)

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2012
          The story is now online via
          http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2012/s3536106.htm

          (International viewers may need a "proxy" see link in comments)

          --- In WitchesWorkshop@yahoogroups.com, "Ozpagan" <timozpagan@...> wrote:

          > Tonight's ABC Lateline (10.20pm) features a story about the census and Pagans and Witches reflecting on the rapid growth and interest the "old religion" that is 'new' again. I'm looking forward to see how a serious "news analysis program…cover[ing] of Australian and international events" treats this subject.
          > There's nothing about it on their page yet but I have it from a reliable source that it will be on tonight.
          > http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/
          >
          > vinum sabbati,
          > Tim Ozpagan

        • Ozpagan
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2012
            For any international viewer trying to see this ABC video clip and who might experience a "region restriction", one subscriber has suggested using a "proxy" site. Have a look at this page; I rather like the sound of the first one "AnaonyMouse" ;-)
            http://www.marcofolio.net/tools/20_proxy_sites_to_browse_the_net_anonymously.html
          • amanda kupkovic
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2012
              I agree with your sentiment completely & I am not a wiccan although used it to get where
              I am on my Path.
              Hail Satan

              How refreshing to see Wicca represented in the maintream media as a 'wacky' religion, occupying the same space as the criminally-unethical Scientology, and a made-up sci-fi belif system, put in place to belittle the whole census system. How dignified and validating.
              Thanks, mainstream media, for nothing. Again.:/

              Sarah
              Not even a Wiccan, but thoroughly disgusted anyway.

                    It's official, there are four times as many Wiccans as Scientologists!

              http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2012/s3536106.htm

              --- In WitchesWorkshop@yahoogroups.com, "Ozpagan" <timozpagan@...> wrote:

              > Tonight's ABC Lateline (10.20pm) features a story about the census and Pagans and Witches reflecting on the rapid growth and interest the "old religion" that is 'new' again. I'm looking forward to see how a serious "news analysis program…cover[ing] of Australian and international events" treats this subject.

              > There's nothing about it on their page yet but I have it from a reliable source that it will be on tonight.

              > http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/

              > vinum sabbati,

              > Tim Ozpagan

              ------------------------------------

              ____________________ ooo)(0({O})0)(ooo____________________

              Witches Workshop hold regular workshops see
              http://witchesworkshop.com

              Keep up to date via our WitchesWorshop Facebook Page:
              http://www.facebook.com/WitchesWorkshop
              WitchesWorkshop Facebook Group
              http://www.facebook.com/groups/4627561794/

              WitchesWorkshop and Witch Camp Australia
              http://www.witchcampaustralia.org.au
              http://www.witchesworkshop.com

              The WitchesWorkshop egroup holds the expectation that
              a tolerant and respectful dialogue be strived for in our
              communication with other pagans, witches magicians, et al.
              Members are encouraged to challenge anyone not adhering
              to these principles & to notify owner.

              info@...
            • amanda kupkovic
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 1, 2012
                That is a very good to know about scientology a silly form of religion what a way to be a pauper.
                Hail Satan

                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2012
                  My census form my hubby and I simply wrote pagan.
                  let them make of that what they will...

                  No I am not interested in Wicca wither..never have I been..

                  Tish

                  ------------------------------------

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 2, 2012
                    Tish, last nite I watched channel 2 feature about the child sex offenders (PRIESTS) to be
                    exact in the Aussie land and the cover ups that the hierarchy rushes to do leaving young
                    boys in abject fear and eventually severe depression for many years even unto their own
                    death years later.  There were 4 different men that came into the forefront in this show
                    that were molested and raped as alter boys. In the following years they became dispondent and depressed one only reported it to the authorities which in turn brought the others out , but the other 3 have died within the last 8 or so years due to being xtremely
                    depressed. It not only affects the immediate people(the boys) but their families have to
                    find why their boys have attitude changes as they grow up unto their death and having no
                    ability to see their attackers tried by justice.
                    How can organizations "church catholic," and other youth helping organizations allow
                    such things.  AND THEY SAY WE ON OUR PATH ARE EVIL!
                    Hail Satan

                    From: Signi Fire <morgan303@...>

                    about the census and Pagans and Witches

                    To: witchesworkshop@yahoogroups.com