Re: Service

  • Peter
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
      --- In WitchesWorkshop@yahoogroups.com, "Astarte Earthwise"
      <earthwise@...> wrote:

      > Do you personally believe that service to the larger community is
      a pagan focus these days?

      No it's not a focus for most.
      For me, I mainly seek to encourage service within the Pagan
      community but I also work in the larger community in lesser roles.

      > If so how do you feel we as a community could service the larger
      non pagan
      > community best?

      I think the best thing is just to talk to each other.
      There's a heap of things we can do, but I think if we start working
      within our own community, we will hopefully build it to a point that
      we can start to make a real effect outside of the community.
      My thing at the moment is to get Pagans networking with Pagans.
      There are so many people out there with great ideas. As they start
      to spread them around, they will grow, as will the sense of
      community.

      Peter
    • Arias AfriKa
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2007
        > Do you personally believe that service to the larger community is pagan focus these days?

        I think that within the Pagan experience, we all feel the need to reach out and assist others, whether in the Pagan community or elsewhere - the desire to share is great.

        > If so how do you feel we as a community could service the larger non pagan community best?

        I'm a bit of an oddball on this one; and think that Pagans should spend more time helping themselves (and each other) than dashing about trying to help everyone else... charity begins at home, and there is so much that Pagandom requires work on; in South Africa it has a lot to do with basics like identity, who we are and how we relate to each other - there should be a huge road sign up on this one "Skip this point at own risk.." hahahaha

        BB

        Arias

        Buy The SA Pagan Almanac Now
        Retail: R149.00 ex shipping
        Wholesale: R99.00 ex shipping Buy The Blank Pentagram Journal Now
        Retail R69.00 ex shipping
        Wholesale R49.00 ex shipping

        Buy your copy of Vuya! Pagan's new "2007 South African Pagan Almanac"
        Visit our website at www.vuya.net