Re: [WitchesWorkshop] RE: TAMPON ALERT

  • Tricia Cooney
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2000
      Thanks Jonathon,

      This has done the rounds of the Women's Students e-networks and I remember this
      being revealed as a hoax, but didn't save the details. There are concerns about
      tampons aside from this, which have been dealt with in Katherine Cunningham's
      workshop at Euphoria - there should be a listing in the WW archives if anyone
      wants to get the details and info about the Keeper as well.

      BB,

      tricia

      Jonathan Breach wrote:

      > MM
      >
      > Without wishing to seem the overt critic, aside from being a non-witchcraft
      > related issue, the post is actually untrue. The originator of this "hoax"
      > seems oblivious to the fact that tampons are regulated as medical devices in
      > most western nations by the health authorities (the TGA in Australia and the
      > FDA in the US) and are evaluated for SAFETY.
      >
      > While I agree that the use of unbleached alternatives should be made
      > available on environmental grounds, there is no established safety risk from
      > tampons currently on the market. In the end the consumer makes up their own
      > mind I guess.
      >
      > But for your info here is the word on this "hoax" from the US FDA
      >
      > http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/ocd/tamponsabs.html
      >
      > Of course, if you are a conspiracy theorist, they are naturally going to say
      > this right? :-P
      >
      > Ora et Labora
      >
      > Jonathan

      > **BELIEFNET SHOPPING** Save $20 at the Beliefnet store! Thousands of
      > religious and spiritual gifts and products. Now- get $20 off purchases
      > of $50 or more through July 10.

      > OzPagan - exploring the psychic experience
      > http://www.ozpagan.com
      > Replies to: WitchesWorkshop@onelist.com
    • Peter Wilkin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2000
        "Just 'cause you're not paranoid, don't mean they're not after you."
        - Kurt Cobain of Nirvana.

        Blessed Be and maintain vigilance!
        Welken