Re: Re : Christian bashing

  • Marian Dalton
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2006
      --- In WitchesWorkshop@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer" <microcosmos@...>
      wrote:

      > Minucius Felix.

      Impressive! I think it's rather interesting given who he's talking about.

      B*B

      Maz
    • Tim Hartridge
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2006
        For heaven's sake keep the steak-knives away from 'them' ...
        http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/a-prisoner-of-family-and-the-
        state/2006/04/28/1146198353334.html

        ...'they' are murderous and they're not living in the USA or the UK
        they are living right here with us.

        And then there's the story of why 'they' are trying to remove any
        references to magic and witchcraft... gee and all this is in just
        today's paper !
        http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/taking-magic-out-of-books/
        2006/04/29/1146198390206.html

        ...why 'censor' children's books which use references to magic?
        Because they are afraid, very afraid.

        What we should be asking ourselves is - why have we have put up with
        'their' oppressive doctrines for so long?

        The rest of Kylie's story is here -

        http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/kylies-story-her-lost-teen-years/
        2006/04/28/1146198353403.html

        vinum sabbati,
        Tim

        http://www.witchesworkshop.com
        http://www.ozpagan.com
      • Jennifer
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2006
          Well, he wasn't so much "talking about" as answering charges the pagans were
          making. I think it's very interesting to read these apologies, today we
          have much the same thing with the roles reversed...but the charges, it
          seems, never change.

          Impressive! I think it's rather interesting given who he's talking about.

          B*B

          Maz

          ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Join
          modern day disciples reach the disfigured and poor with hope and healing
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/IteplB/TM

          The WitchesWorkshop egroup holds the expectation that a tolerant and
          respectful dialogue be strived for in our communication with other pagans,
          witches magicians, et al. Members are encouraged to challenge anyone not
          adhering to these principles and to notify the list-owners.
          ozpagan@...

          http://www.witchesworkshop.com

        • * Leonora *
          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2006
            --- In WitchesWorkshop@yahoogroups.com, Tim Hartridge <ozpagan@...> wrote:

            > ...why 'censor' children's books which use references to magic?
            > Because they are afraid, very afraid.

            Yes, they are.

            Not that they have any real reason to be.

            However, most of them believe what their religious dogma, and their
            preachers tell them to believe. They fear what they are told to fear.
            What else can they do?

            While there are many among them who are wonderful people, their
            doctrines are oppressive.

            They oppress me. They oppress you. They even oppress each other.

            The ones who do good among them would be good people, and would do
            good deeds, regardless of their creed. The fact that they follow a
            particular creed has nothing to do with the creed itself, but with the
            people themselves who choose the compassionate side of their own nature.

            It's because those people *want to do good deeds for their own
            reasons. If "god" wasn't there to 'guide' them, they'd find some other
            reason to do good deeds.

            > What we should be asking ourselves is - why have we have put up with
            > 'their' oppressive doctrines for so long?

            I'm not sure we have been putting up with it for so long. The general
            thrust of this current tide of oppression has sprung up again in the
            past 10 years or so.

            I think it's that many of the younger practitioners have forgotten, or
            never knew, how hard we fought back in the 1970s to gain our freedom
            of expression back from the oppressive thinking of that time.

            It was my teacher's life's work, and I was glad to accompany him on
            that journey.

            I have never had the need to be part of a philosophy or religion that
            - under the banner of "pious holiness" - tells me what I must think or
            say, or who I can have a relationship with, or who I can marry, or
            have sex with, or to be told how old I must be before I can be
            sexually aware or sexually active, or what I can read, watch on film
            or television.

            I don't need anyone telling me I am a sinner from the moment of my
            birth. I do NOT accept that premise in any way, shape or form. And I
            don't want my life, or my friends' lives, or my country for that
            matter, being controlled by people who do think that.

            And I certainly don't need an intermediary to stand on my behalf
            between me and anything I call Divine.

            It's the creators of oppressive doctrines who devised the labels
            Heathen, Pagan, Infidel, Witch, and Heretic to describe others who
            reject those doctrines.

            I am a parapsychologist whose life is spent in the contemplation and
            practise of Metaphysics. It is my philosophy, my 'religion', and my
            way of life - and has been since 1969.

            If those who would oppress me and my way of life called me Pagan,
            Heathen, Witch etc, in the past it's not because I originally chose
            the titles for myself. Those titles were added to my "religious"
            description by those whose doctrines I reject.

            If I am Pagan now, it's because I use that title deliberately to claim
            my separation from those, christian or not, who would oppress my
            choice to a free-willed, open-minded life-style and the voyage of self
            discovery it entails.

            Love

            Leonora
            http://witchywisdom.com

            ===
            Magic is all around us.
            It's time.
            Remove superstition from mystery.
            Open your mind
            _ _ _

            (((Feel))) the Rhythm
          • brett_raquel
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2006
              wrote:

              > ...why 'censor' children's books which use references to magic?
              > Because they are afraid, very afraid.
              >
              > What we should be asking ourselves is - why have we have put up
              with
              > 'their' oppressive doctrines for so long?
              >

              > Well,my own little rebellion to that is that i do the opposite with
              my little witchlet.I take out the"wicked witches" & make them "wicked
              ladies",turn "angels" into "wind fairies" ,Rewrite any references
              of "God" into "The Gods" or "the God & Goddess"(such as: The Gods
              made fruit),"Beautiful Princesses" into "Beautiful Goddesses"
              or "Fairy Princesses"(depending on the story/character), and sensor
              all references to "Jesus","Baby Jesus",nativity scenes & biblical
              characters!! when my daughter asks about"Noahs arc" (when school
              shoves it down her throat)I'll tell her its a fairytale about some
              guy called noah who tried to save animals from drowning!!
              she already has learned about jesus's death (thanks to easter at pre-
              school)but would rather worship the "Eostre Bunny"!!!LOL~!!
              Raquel