Moirai Play at the Adelaide Fringe

  • blayze28
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi everyone,

      This notice was sent to me and I thought that some of the Adelaide
      folk may be interested. The playwrite is pagan friendly. Don't know
      if it is any good or not, but sounds interesting.

      Bright blessings
      Blayze

      The Moirai

      Three Women. Three Wars. Three Choices.

      by Richard Viede
      Featuring Catie Fry, Ainslie McGlynn and Tricia Ryan
      Playing at Holden Street Theatres for The Adelaide Fringe

      There are moments when we all have to go to a place that we have
      never seen and do what we have never done...
      Karen Armstrong 'A Short History of Myth'

      Peggy is baking up her spicy cakes in the brutal postwar 1950s,
      In a current middle east hotspot Grace sings to the heavens
      And in a state run hell, far in the future...
      An unwitting Swansi becomes the mother of all miracles.

      These women are connected by The Moirai - the Fates - the three
      mythical goddesses of ancient Greece who weave the thread of life
      and have thepower to make the ultimate cut.

      Who will these women be when they meet their fates?

      Sydney based Nil by Mouth are proud to present the world premiere of
      The Moirai. Featuring three actors in nine different roles The
      Moirai is fantastical, theatrical story telling at it's best and
      offers a new mythology for our times.

      The Moirai
      Holden Street Theatres (The Arch)
      34 Holden Street Hindmarsh SA
      (next to soccer stadium) FREE PARKING

      Sat 25 Feb 9pm, Wed-Sat 1-4 Mar 9pm, Tue-Sat 7-11 Mar 9pm
      Matinees: Sun 26 Feb, 5 Mar 5pm; Sat 4 Mar, 11 Mar 2pm.

      bookings Venue*Tix: 8225 8888 www.venuetix.com.au
      and FringeTIX www.adelaidefringe.com.au 8418 8666
      $22/$17 + bf