Re: [WisCats] LaCrosse Tribune

  • Scott McAuley
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3 2:45 PM
      i am posting for the first time, and i too would like answers to these questions that heather  schmid  brings up

      another question would be, after a 2-3 year death toll of a cat "colony"  woulnt more cats take their place in this predator vacume?

      scott
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 10 9:33 AM
        just to answer a couple of your questions with answers from my personal experiences with tnr.  if i see that an animal needs attention wether it is a tnr graduate or not i will retrap or medicate it accordingly.  also since tnr in my neighborhood started we have not seen the constant litters being born or looking and hunting for food.  there has been less fighting during the night of the males fighting over the females and i really have not run across any ill animals.  in fact the 12 yr old female that is a tnr grad actually is not skin and bones anymore.  she has doubled her weight and looks the healthiest she ever has.  and her babies started out life on a healthy note, disease and parasite free and will never be able to breed and create more of not only a population issue but a disease issue.  i believe when they have a good healthy start that they have a better chance of staying that way.  i also fully intend to keep tabs on my colony to ensure they are fed and healthy and stay that way.  sincerely ebru1331@...
          i also use winter cat housing so there are less residents in our area complaining that the cats got under their houses and did damage.  they actually use the housing i provide and seem to like it.