Re: [WisCats] has anyone ever used these disposable heating pads in a shelter?

  • Elissa Brunette
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 15, 2013
      I always used the snuggle safes with good luck. I also use the rehab disposable heat packs available for a few bucks from Chris's squirrels and more.i think they come in 24and 60hour versions.i take them whenever picking up the orphaned newborn kittens we rescue.  Just fold a receiving blanket around them and you are ready to go. Hope this helps.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 15, 2013, at 3:57 PM, "stacy_zacher" <stacy_zacher@...> wrote:

      These are for shipping small animals or rehabbers but wonder if they'd work in my shelters. Right now I have insulation and straw but it's supposed to be -5 to -10 next mon/tues here so I was looking for something I could put in there as well. I ordered a snuggle safe disk as well.

      http://www.sugar-gliders.com/heat-pack.htm
      http://www.sugar-gliders.com/heat-pack.htm

      Thanks

    • Heidi Blank
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 15, 2013
        I have never used that but thanks for the tip.  I have used emergency foil blankets for people, which hold the body heat in.  They are inexpensive and work well.

        Heidi