Campground Cats

  • Julie K.
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 24, 2011
      She probably wont admit to having them if she feels at all ashamed or threatened. If you approached her very carefully and made super clear that the program you are suggesting will help the cats, and that they will come back to her (that's how TNR works.. Trap, Neuter, RETURN)... she might soften up. Or if she still denies that she has anything to do with them, you could simply say, "Well I'd really like to help those cats out, would you help me anyway?" Then she doesnt have to take responsibility for them.

      What county are you/she in?

      --- In WisCats@yahoogroups.com, "Angela Patchett" <lucky75@...> wrote:

      > can see if she is interested? but in the past she has denied even feeding the cats. (we see the cats go in & out of her garage door (which is propped open with a 5 gal or slightly smaller pail.
      >
      > How do I find out if an area has a TNR program? When I checked at a humane society in the county they only had a farm/urban plan. It was like $4o to $70 to sterilize/vax pet, but then they went back to original setting. The campground had considered trappin those that came around, but was not willing/able to invest knowing there are 5-10+ felines.

    • Angela Patchett
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 29, 2011
        the area neighbor lives in Fond du Lac county.

        I would contact the Wisconsin Humane Society 414-animals.  I don’t know what county she lives in but I know on the website you can complete a form to be a community caregiver.  Your friend should close her garage door but denying food is not right either.  If she does nothing the colony will continue to multiply and fast!  The TNR program 0-8 cats is free but your friend will need to either buy some traps at fleet farm or rent them from the Humane Society.