Tell US Fish & Wildlife Not to Kill Cats in the Florida Keys!

  • feralcatpower
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2011

      Good afternoon, WisCats!  I just wanted remind everyone that today is the last day for you to speak out against the dangerous plan proposed by the US Fish & Wildlife Service that would send cats in the Florida Keys to their deaths in shelters.

      The draft management plan is intended to protect threatened endangered wildlife species, but it misguidedly targets cats instead of addressing the real threat to these species—humans.

      • The plan does not address the impact of human activities.
      • The plan wrongly dismisses Trap-Neuter-Return, the humane and effective approach that would stabilize the cat population.
      • The plan misinterprets and disregards scientific studies that prove the effectiveness of Trap-Neuter-Return.

      The FWS plan cannot be allowed to move forward as written. You can comment on the plan, but only until today, February 3. Visit our action center now to tell the US Fish & Wildlife Service that killing is not a solution—and that you want one that values and protects the lives of all animals.

      Take Action Now! FWS is a national agency, so the outcome of this plan could affect cats nationwide. Tell your friends to take action, too!

      I hope you can all take the time to voice your disapproval!

      -Laura

      Alley Cat Allies