Alley Cat Allies Response to PETA: Feral Cats Deserve to Live

  • feralcatpower
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2010

      I hope everyone had a great week! Some of you might have seen that PETA recently posted a blog promoting myths and misconceptions about feral cats, basically declaring them "better off dead." This promotion of the mass killing of cats by one of the nation's largest animal rights groups is disgraceful. I bet a lot of you have heard people using arguments like this, too.

      Let's be clear: it is in no animal's best interest to be killed.

      As the research and the personal experience of caregivers across the nation (like you!) can attest, cats have been living healthy lives outdoors for centuries, and Trap-Neuter-Return is the humane approach to feral cats.

      Read our response to PETA.
      See the research on cats outdoors.

      -Laura

      Alley Cat Allies

    • Laycock Designs
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2010
        PETA is disgraceful for that blog post.
        I'm officially taking all PETA "likes" off my Facebook and Twitter as well as sending a personal response to that post.
        The writer of that blog post ought to be fired.

        My Blog Banner Service: http://laycockdesigns.com
        Michelle - Southeastern WI - Luckycatstampers
        =^..^=   =^..^=   =^..^=   =^..^=
        "They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod

      • communitycat@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2010
          Unfortunately, that has been PETA's position all along. Sad though that is.
          Tammy

          From: Laycock Designs <stampinkitty@...>
          Sender: WisCats@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 17:09:46 -0500