UPDATE: Ravenswood cats are saved

  • feralcatpower
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2010

      In response to the public outcry, the New York City Mayor's Office intervened yesterday and ordered that local rescue group SaveKitty Foundation be granted access to the cats trapped under Ravenswood Houses. Already one cat has been rescued from under the buildings.

      Alley Cat Allies extends a special thank you to the SaveKitty Foundation, which has advocated tirelessly for the cats of Ravenswood Houses. Although NYCHA has not allowed them to perform TNR, SaveKitty has managed to remove dozens of adoptable cats and kittens from the property, many of whom are looking for new homes. If you can foster or adopt any of these cats, please contact the SaveKitty Foundation.

      Even as we celebrate, we continue to work with public officials, advocating for a Trap-Neuter-Return program that will benefit both the cats and the community.

      Thank you for taking action on behalf of cats trapped under the Ravenswood Houses community¬ó your voice helped save their lives.