Foster

  • Julie G.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2010
      I find that asking people directly (rather than via mass email) gets more response.  People have an easy time ignoring a mass email, but feel it's too rude to totally ignore a direct inquiry. "Hey Susie, I know you love animals and have mentioned you think it's awesome what I do... well there's this situation right now, I was wondering if you would consider letting a few wayward kittens bunk in your bathroom for a few weeks?  We'll supply everything, you just have to cuddle them!  *yadda yadda yadda* Let me know what you think... Thanks for considering!!  Love Julie"

      Even if it's just via email.  I make a list in my mind of people who respect/admire what I do, have pets, like animals, whatever, and then I target them!  I found 6 fosters last week this way!  Drove around all Sunday dropping off 15 kittens for foster.  Many of them THANKED ME as I left!  HA!

      Ask everyone you meet, make it easy breezy, if they say no, be cool. If they look like they're even thinking about it, make a note in your mind and follow up a few days later, stressing how fun it is!

      Good luck folks!
      ~Julie