Looking for Foster Homes

  • Dawn
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2010
      Hi Everyone,

      OKay.... finding permanent homes for my 2 pairs has just not been going very well. And where keeping them sheltered from the winter worked out well, there is nothing I can do about the heat of summer. They will not survive in the garage through a summer heat.

      So, I am looking for 2 Foster Homes for the following pairs.

      Panther & Sabrina, whose pics you can find in the photo section. They are a totally bonded couple. Anyone who takes them will have an easy time of it. Where Sabrina can be on the shy side, she will come around, following Panthers cue. And Panther is THE MOST lovable, cuddly, laid back, friendly black kitty you'll ever meet. He is a sweetheart!

      Dana & Reddy, pics also in the photo section. Brother and Sister. With these two. They will need someone who is experienced with scared cats. These two will need alot of TLC and patience to earn their trust. They are afraid of people. My only other option with these two now, will be to turn them over to a shelter, which will no doubt consider them unadoptable at this time, and put them down. So I'm really desparate here.

      If you or anyone you know, would like to be a Foster to either of these two pairs. Please contact me. As a foster, an application will have to be filled out and processed. This is far different from going to a permanent home. All food and kitty litter will be provided. And of course the situation is temporary until permanent homes can be found, as I will continue to look.

      Thank you,
      Dawn
      Message 2 of 7 , May 30, 2010
        Good luck. We have been looking for foster homes for Mew Haven for over
        a year with no luck. Same with the some of the other private
        organizations around here. I don't understand it because we tell people
        we will pay for food & litter. Still no takers. It makes things VERY
        difficult. Those of us who are fostering ourselves have to simply figure
        out a way to take another one or two in somehow. It frustrates the heck
        out of me.

        Pam

      • animalrescuerscare@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 7 , May 30, 2010
          I agree Pam, it is frustrating, VERY frustrating!!!!

          > Good luck. We have been looking for foster homes for Mew Haven for over
          > a year with no luck. Same with the some of the other private
          > organizations around here. I don't understand it because we tell people
          > we will pay for food & litter. Still no takers. It makes things VERY
          > difficult. Those of us who are fostering ourselves have to simply figure
          > out a way to take another one or two in somehow. It frustrates the heck
          > out of me.
          >
          > Pam
          >
          > Dawn wrote:
          >>
          >> Hi Everyone,
          >>
          >> OKay.... finding permanent homes for my 2 pairs has just not been
          >> going very well. And where keeping them sheltered from the winter
          >> worked out well, there is nothing I can do about the heat of summer.
          >> They will not survive in the garage through a summer heat.
          >>
          >> So, I am looking for 2 Foster Homes for the following pairs.
          >>
          >> Panther & Sabrina, whose pics you can find in the photo section. They
          >> are a totally bonded couple. Anyone who takes them will have an easy
          >> time of it. Where Sabrina can be on the shy side, she will come
          >> around, following Panthers cue. And Panther is THE MOST lovable,
          >> cuddly, laid back, friendly black kitty you'll ever meet. He is a
          >> sweetheart!
          >>
          >> Dana & Reddy, pics also in the photo section. Brother and Sister. With
          >> these two. They will need someone who is experienced with scared cats.
          >> These two will need alot of TLC and patience to earn their trust. They
          >> are afraid of people. My only other option with these two now, will be
          >> to turn them over to a shelter, which will no doubt consider them
          >> unadoptable at this time, and put them down. So I'm really desparate
          >> here.
          >>
          >> If you or anyone you know, would like to be a Foster to either of
          >> these two pairs. Please contact me. As a foster, an application will
          >> have to be filled out and processed. This is far different from going
          >> to a permanent home. All food and kitty litter will be provided. And
          >> of course the situation is temporary until permanent homes can be
          >> found, as I will continue to look.
          >>
          >> Thank you,
          >> Dawn

        • Laycock Designs
          Message 4 of 7 , May 30, 2010
            Good luck to you Dawn.
            I really wish I could help out.

            I just don't have any outbuildings and I have a litter of foster
            babies right now in my upstairs bedroom and back in Feb. I took in a
            homeless cold and hungry adult which I found out later has stomititis
            so he is going to end up a long term foster and he's in my spare
            bedroom downstairs. I've also got 5 kitties of my own that have the
            run of the rest of the house. Just no way I could take 2 more.

            My Blog Banner Service: http://laycockdesigns.com
            Michelle - Southeastern WI - Luckycatstampers
            http://www.michellelaycock.stampinup.net
            =^..^= =^..^= =^..^= =^..^=
            "They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear
            them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod

            Message 5 of 7 , May 30, 2010
              It really blows me away. It would cost them essentially nothing as we
              would provide food & litter & any medical treatments necessary. I
              belong to a neat knitting group here (Stitch & Bitch) & I have sent out
              a group mail (about 20 people) several times, pleading for short term
              fosters. Nothing. Sometimes the frustration crosses over into getting
              really pissed. People simply can't be bothered!

            • Susan Schrager
              Message 6 of 7 , May 31, 2010
                Our vet has a section of their website devoted to animals who are looking for a forever home.  She also posts their pic/bio on a bulletin board in the clinic.  Has had some success.  We just live trapped our 21st cat, it is a rewarding/disheartening experience!  Good luck to you.

                animalrescuerscare@... wrote:
                >   I agree Pam,  it is frustrating,  VERY frustrating!!!!

                <*> Your email settings:
                    Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                    (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                    WisCats-digest@yahoogroups.com
                    WisCats-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • animalrescuerscare@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 7 , May 31, 2010
                     HI Susan,

                               It is both rewarding and disheartening.   After 2 years of working with the tossed out pets and their offspring where I lived in Ohio, I had become so depressed and overwhelmed.   I just couldn't do it anymore.   I rescued about 22 cats in that time.   Lost some, saved most.   Kept 7 ;o)   And brought the last 4 with me when I moved out here.    The sadness in those cats that were kicked out just broke my heart.   One had even been abused, someone literally kicked her teeth in.   I was able to get that one immediately into a clinic where they took care of her, and got her right into a foster home.   She was sooooo grateful, she just cuddled right up to me.

                    If you send me your email, I can send you the email I've sent around that can be printed as a flyer.

                   Thanks,
                    Dawn

                      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/WisCats/

                      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/WisCats/ join