Re: [WisCats] Fw: Wisconsin bills, seizure bond will remove rights to animal ...

  • Ebru1331@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2010
      does that mean that i will lose my dogs because the neighbor hates dogs and is always trying to falsley complain that they are doo dooing in his yard, even though they never get off my deck? he complains about every dog around here and i know  this bill will be his dream come true if this bill passes.  hardly seems fair to me.

      In a message dated 4/4/2010 10:20:29 A.M. Central Daylight Time, ilovecats@... writes:

      Please read this and pass it on.......

      Marie Glover, Mayor of Tabby Town and
      Field Representative for Life's Abundance Pet Food
      Could you be killing your dog or cat?
      Go to our website below to learn about
      our pet food with NO BY-PRODUCTS!
      Made from ALL NATURAL, NUTRITIOUS, HEALTHY INGREDIENTS.

      Tabby Town USA, Inc.
      No-Kill, Non-Profit Cat Rescue
      S1695B Stenslien Lane, Westby, WI  54667
      (608) 634-4614
      www.tabbytownusa. org

      I rescue cats...my work is never done and my home is never quiet.
      My wallet is always empty, but my heart is always full.
      Until there are none, rescue one...
                           (\
                            /)
                 ^,,^    (\
              =  ~  =   ))
             (((      )))
      Date: Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM
      To: lonerock@dishmail. net

      Cats will come under this. I raise NFC’s, but my letter was directed to dog breeders. I’ve written my representative.

      <http://www.legis. state.wi. us/2009/data/ SB-580.pdf>

      Wisconsin Bills AB793/SB580 Removing ownership rights to animals

      We have 2 wicked bills in Wisconsin right now. If passed it will remove
      ownership rights to animals, with a seizure bond requirement. Dog breeders will
      have NO RIGHTS in Wisconsin if either of these pass. Animal owners will have NO RIGHTS. Pet owners, farmers, will have no rights to their animals. Legal blackmail will be used against them.
      AB 793 did pass out of committee. The Senate Bill 580 will have a public hearing
      within days.

      Dog breeders rolled over & played with the devil, supporting the Wisconsin
      Breeder licensing law last year. It becomes effective June 2011. The illegal
      seizure and bond requirement was removed from that breeder bill in an effort to
      get support from the hobby/show/small breeders. Many AKC clubs voted yes to
      support the Wisconsin Breeder licensing law.

      The illegal seizure & bond requirement bills are back & will affect all dog
      owners, all animal owners. (dogs, horses, cats, rabbits, cows, pigs, sheep, goats)

       It doesn't matter if you only have 2 or 3 animals.
      One complaint, the humane officers can steal your dogs, force you to pay for
      their care in advance, until you go to court. they don't have to charge you with
      anything to take your dogs. They can keep them until they decide on charges. It
      could take 6 months to get a court date. You'll be paying $10 and up, per day
      per animal. If you don't post a bond in 5 days, your animals will be considered
      abandoned. The rescue's & shelters will make off with them to places unknown. If
      you are found innocent, your case thrown out, you will still have lost your
      animals. The DCHS (Dane County Humane Society) & the HSUS are directly
      responsible for this bill being written.

      Breeders and animal owners in Wisconsin need to write to their legislators
      NOW.

      <http://www.legis. state.wi. us/2009/data/ SB-580.pdf>

      It's currently in the committee on Ethics Reform and Government Operations.

      Please cross-post this to some breed lists. Maybe some Wisconsin breeders will
      notice. I'm so sick of this. Last year I was the only breeder in the whole state
      of Wisconsin who went down to Madison & spoke against the Breeder licensing
      bill. Everyone else was for it. The shelters, the rescue's, the hunting dog
      people, the sportsmen dog people, the DFOW representing dog owners & AKC clubs.
      There were only a couple AKC clubs & a handful of breeders that could see the
      danger in letting the camel into the tent.

      I can't fix it. NOBODY CARES !!!! Why doesn’t anybody care?
      The advisory board for making rules for the breeders is composed primarily of
      the animals rights activists who got the breeder licensing and inspection law to
      pass. Those breeders selling more than 24 puppies in a year, don't have a
      prayer in hell.
      Now ALL dog breeders, ALL animal owners, will be affected by this illegal
      seizure bill. Your rights will be completely GONE if is passes.

      Please write your representatives & tell them what you think.
      Joyce  Ellenbecker

      The public hearing On SB 580 is Tuesday, April 6, 2010 at the State Capitol building, room 411 South 11:10 AM. The bill is before the Committee on Ethics Reform and Government Operations (of which the author of the bill is the chair of this committee).

      The committee members are: Senator Fred Risser (Chair) <http://www.legis. state.wi. us/w3asp/ contact/legislat orpages.aspx? house=Senate& district= 26>

      Senator Judith Robson <http://www.legis. state.wi. us/w3asp/ contact/legislat orpages.aspx? house=Senate& district= 15>

      Senator Pat Kreitlow <http://www.legis. state.wi. us/w3asp/ contact/legislat orpages.aspx? house=Senate& district= 23>

      Senator Michael Ellis <http://www.legis. state.wi. us/w3asp/ contact/legislat orpages.aspx? house=Senate& district= 19>

      Senator Alan Lasee <http://www.legis. state.wi. us/w3asp/ contact/legislat orpages.aspx? house=Senate& district= 1>

       Senator Risser is the AUTHOR OF THE BILL.

      THIS BILL WILL APPLY TO ALL ANIMAL OWNERS IN THE STATE, NOT JUST DOG OWNERS!

      Senator Fred Risser
      (Chairman and Author of SB580)
      Madison Office
      Room 220 South
      State Capitol
      P.O. Box 7882
      Madison, WI 53707-7882
      Telephone
      (608) 266-1627
      District Telephone
      (608) 238-5008
      Fax
      (608) 266-1629
      Email
      Sen.Risser@legis. wisconsin. gov

      Senator Judith Robson
      Madison Office
      Room 122 South
      State Capitol
      P.O. Box 7882
      Madison, WI 53707-7882
      Telephone
      (608) 266-2253 Or
      (800) 334-1468
      District Telephone
      (608) 365-6587
      Fax
      (608) 267-5171
      Email
      Sen.Robson@legis. wisconsin. gov

      Senator Pat Kreitlow
      Madison Office
      Room 10 South
      State Capitol
      P.O. Box 7882
      Madison, WI 53707
      Telephone
      (608) 266-7511 Or
      (888) 437-9436
      Fax
      608-267-6794
      Email

       Sen.Kreitlow@ legis.wisconsin. gov

      Senator Michael Ellis
      Madison Office
      Room 7 South
      State Capitol
      P.O. Box 7882 Madison, WI 53707-7882
      Telephone
      (608) 266-0718
      Fax
      (608) 267-6798
      Email
      Sen.Ellis@legis. wisconsin. gov

      Senator Alan Lasee
      Madison Office
      Room 130 South
      State Capitol
      P.O. Box 7882
      Madison, WI 53707-7882
      Telephone
      (608) 266-3512
      Fax
      (608) 267-6792
      Email
      Sen.Lasee@legis. wisconsin. gov

      --
      Sue Villareal   715-340-7091
      LONEROCK RAGDOLLS

      Life's Abundance Cat and Dog Food, Pet Treats,Products.
      Made from ALL NATURAL, NUTRITIOUS, HEALTHY INGREDIENTS.

    • animalrescuerscare@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2010

           Okay.... I just read this bill, and frankly.   The only thing it seems to pertain to is that they want to come down harder on those who engage in animal abuse or animal fighting.  and frankly, I think that is needed!

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2010
          yes, I read through this too and was trying to see how it pertains to us. It doesn't sound like anything to do with complaints... unless I'm wrong...

          My Blog Banner Service: http://laycockdesigns.com
          Michelle - Southeastern WI - Luckycatstampers
          "They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod