Re: [WisCats] Re: stray's

  • Denise Marg
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2010
      Marie and others on the this list:

      Does anyone know of one statewide directory of resources of groups that work with feral/semiferal cats?  I suspect there are many people out there in Peter and Dawn's predicament, including myself and we are spread in all directions and in need of guidance to help these vulnerable populations.    I am in Central Wisconsin and would love to connect with a group working with these populations and to shadow or find a mentor from others in the know as to learning how to TNR, how to propose changes to city ordinances, how to mobilize people and find a community of people who share the same visions, etc.

      Denise

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 28, 2010
        Denise

        Alley Cart Allies is very helpful for issues like these. The other
        thing we have been thinking of doing is to get the list of Wisconsin
        shelters off the Animal Rescue site where they have their shelter
        challenge contests. If we had that list on our website, that might be a
        big help.

        We are in Spring Green & do work with ferals but because we are so small
        (just 3 of us, & only 2 of us are active) ,we do a lot of networking
        with groups in Madison.

        Pam

        Denise Marg wrote:

        > Marie and others on the this list:
        >
        > Does anyone know of one statewide directory of resources of groups
        > that work with feral/semiferal cats? I suspect there are many people
        > out there in Peter and Dawn's predicament, including myself and we are
        > spread in all directions and in need of guidance to help these
        > vulnerable populations. I am in Central Wisconsin and would love to
        > connect with a group working with these populations and to shadow or
        > find a mentor from others in the know as to learning how to TNR, how
        > to propose changes to city ordinances, how to mobilize people and find
        > a community of people who share the same visions, etc.
        >
        > Denise

      • TAMMY RIZER
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 28, 2010
          Denise, yes I would definately contact Alley Cat Allies (whom I work with in the Milwaukee area) I would contact all the local (bigger cities) humane socieities to see if they offer the TNR Program.  I do not know of any list for throughout Wis.  but one may exist.  I will search more if a list does exist.  But ask vets in your area if they can recommend a Humane Society or a vet who does this reasonably.  Also look under Cat Rescues-they may lead you to someone.  Let us know.  I am trying to composite a list for all areas thoughout Wisc.    Good Luck    Tammy (New Berlin, WI)

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 28, 2010
            My vet here in Spring Green has a farm cat program where for a minimum
            of 4 cats at a time, he charges $29 for a neuter, $50 for a spay. Also
            in Madison there are Spay A Thons that are even cheaper. Once a month.
            They must be programs like this elsewhere in WI too.

            Pam

            TAMMY RIZER wrote:

            > Denise, yes I would definately contact Alley Cat Allies (whom I work
            > with in the Milwaukee area) I would contact all the local (bigger
            > cities) humane socieities to see if they offer the TNR Program. I do
            > not know of any list for throughout Wis. but one may exist. I will
            > search more if a list does exist. But ask vets in your area if they
            > can recommend a Humane Society or a vet who does this reasonably.
            > Also look under Cat Rescues-they may lead you to someone. Let us
            > know. I am trying to composite a list for all areas thoughout
            > Wisc. Good Luck Tammy (New Berlin, WI)

          • Paul T. O'Leary
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2010
              Cats Anonymous - http://www.catsanonymous.org - is in Green Bay.

              To: "Peter Collen" <pcollen@...>
              Copies to: <WisCats@yahoogroups.com>
              From: "MARIE GLOVER" <ilovecats@...>
              Date sent: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 09:28:23 -0600
              Send reply to: WisCats@yahoogroups.com

              > Maybe.... by cc of this e-mail, I'm letting folks all over Wisconsin know of your
              > predicament and hopefully someone will step forward.
              >
              > Marie Glover, Mayor of Tabby Town and
              > Field Representative for Life's Abundance Pet Food
              > Could you be killing your dog or cat?
              > Go to our website below to learn about
              > our pet food with NO BY-PRODUCTS!
              > Made from ALL NATURAL, NUTRITIOUS, HEALTHY INGREDIENTS.
              >
              > Tabby Town USA, Inc.
              > No-Kill, Non-Profit Cat Rescue
              > S1695B Stenslien Lane, Westby, WI 54667
              > (608) 634-4614
              > www.tabbytownusa.org
              >
              > I rescue cats...my work is never done and my home is never quiet.
              > My wallet is always empty, but my heart is always full.
              > Until there are none, rescue one...
              > (\
              > /)
              > ^,,^ (\
              > = ~ = ))
              > ((( )))

              ---------------------
              Paul T. O'Leary
              Chronic Nuisance
              Madison WI USA
            • Vicki Becker
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2010
                For anyone out there who does not know, Cats Anonymous,Inc is in
                Green Bay!
                We are exclusively a TNR organization so I think we can help Peter
                Collen.
                Please have him email: office@... or he can reply to me:
                itnrcats@...

                Vicki Becker