(MKE) Hearing Notice regarding TNR program [???]

  • Julie G.
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2010

    Anybody know anything about this hearing?  I just got this pdf forwarded from a friend... looks like a TNR hearing next WEDNESDAY at 9 or 10 AM (cant tell, lists both).  I'm interested to know if anyone knows more about this!!

    (see attached pdf)

    City of Milwaukee

    City Hall

    200 East Wells Street

    Milwaukee, WI 53202

    PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE

    Person of Interest

    Transmitted: February 15, 2010

    You are invited to attend a hearing on February 24, 2010 which shall begin at 9:00 AM

    in Room 301-B, City Hall, at the request of the chair of:

    PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE

    Regarding:

    10:15 A.M.

    091403

    An ordinance relating to a trap-neuter-release pilot program for feral cats.

    Ronald D. Leonhardt

    CITY CLERK

  • Community Cat
    Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2010
      Maybe talk to MADACC or WI Humane?  Maybe they have heard something?

      Tammy Neumeister

      Community Cat
      PO BOX 447
      Whitewater WI 53190
      608-201-3241

      Working to end feline overpopulation in our area

      Message 3 of 4 , Feb 15, 2010
        I talk to the Wi Humane Society Director Anne Reed in Twitter, I just posed the question to her. I will let you know her response, but I hope they are and we can get this through. MADACC is very unfriendly to TNR, this would make them back off!

        Patrick Dorwin

        Mobile: (414) 517-9065

        Email: me@...
        Blog: http://BadgerBlogger.com

        This message was sent by Patrick Dorwin . If you would like to know more about me, you can  visit my social services profiles
        Chat Google Talk: badgerblogger Google Wave: badgerblogger@... Skype: webnuts
        Contact Me FacebookYoutubeTwitter

        Message 4 of 4 , Feb 16, 2010
          Hey BadgerBlogger! It's Kisluvkis! :)
          Anyway good idea to ask Anne on Twitter, we are linked there too. I also fwded this to WHS.

          THEN I talked to my neighbor who worked for Ald Kovac... Turns out it's an ordinance my neighbor wrote this summer that's finally seeing light. My neighbor LOVES my yardies and so took special interest in the ordinance. Yee! He's gonna give me the scoop on the hearing etc & I'll pass it on. Rumor has it the Alderman was even treated to some affection by my yardie Bielz! Great ambassador that kitty is. ;)

          I'll let u know when I know more!
          Julie.

          Sent from iPhone 3GS