Volunteers STILL Needed to Help in Gulf States

  • Jessica Frohman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30 3:19 PM
      Untitled Document

      Alley Cat Allies Needs Volunteers!

      Alley Cat Allies is in Bogalusa, Louisiana

      Alley Cat Allies cannot operate our rescue and restoration project in the Gulf States without the hard and generous work of committed volunteers. This campaign will continue at least for the next three months, and we will need your help throughout that time.

      But DO NOT jump in your car and come on down!
      If you want to volunteer with Alley Cat Allies or any rescue group in this area,  read what is required of ALL volunteers.

      What's In It For You...

      This may be the best week of your life. There’s nothing glamorous or fun or easy about this work—but we’re saving the lives of the most innocent victims of the storms. You are guaranteed to go to bed at night knowing that YOU ARE MAKING A REAL DIFFERENCE IN THEIR WORLD!

      Skills and Experience Needed
      The Alley Cat Allies base camp specifically needs the following:

      Animal handlers/trappers
      Computer expertise
      Clerical people who can help with volunteer and animal intake
      Handy men/women
      Caregivers to feed and care for animals at base camp.
      Cage assemblers and cleaners
      Supply inventory helpers who will also run errands as necessary
      People with disaster rescue training

      To volunteer please email pfelgate@.... You will be asked to fill out a volunteer application where you can tell us your skills and when you are able to volunteer.

      Want to donate supplies to the camp?
      Our needs are constantly changing this is our most updated list of needed items.

      Donated Supplies Needed

      Large / Expensive Items
      Walkie Talkies
      Trash cans with wheels (6)
      12 X 12 screen tents (a few, not tons)
      Humane traps
      Folding tables (3 or so)
      Laptop computers (need to be fairly current)
      Digital cameras (a few)
      Headlamps
      Satellite phones
      Satellite internet connection
      Rescue vehicles -- vans, SUVs, in good running order, loaned or donated

      Small / Inexpensive Items
      Clean Towels and Sheets
      Duct tape
      Folding crates
      Metal S-hooks
      Fans (6)
      Tool kits (hammers, screwdrivers)
      Trash bags kitchen and lawn size
      Folding camp chairs
      Bottled water
      Paper for use in printers
      Pens and other basic office supplies (small quantities, not tons)
      Baby wipes
      Anti-bacterial wipes
      Anti-bacterial hand cleaner (water free type in pump dispensers)
      Face masks
      Latex exam gloves
      Kitchen rubber gloves
      Scrub brushes (small number)
      Mini brush and dustpan sets (to clean cages)
      Paper towels
      Gloves for animal handling
      First aid kits (3)
      Toilet paper
      Batteries - D

      Please e-mail  us and let us know what you plan to send so we can give you an address.

      Alley Cat Allies · 7920 Norfolk Avenue · Suite 600 · Bethesda , MD 20814-2525 · www.alleycat.org
      ACA is the owner and sole moderator of the Feral Power! e-mail list.

      To prevent mailbox filters from deleting mailings from Feral Power, add Alleycat@... to your address book.

      To remove yourself from all mailings from Alley Cat Allies (CTSG), please click here.