Hi Everyone!

  • Kathy Pobloskie
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
      I'm new to this group and was wondering if there is anyone that is from the Beloit area?
      Kathy Pobloskie
    • Laycock Designs
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
        Hi Karen,
        I'm in Racine.
        Nice to meet you.
        I foster cats and kittens for Kindred Kitties in Kenosha, WI

        How many kitties do you have right now Kathy?

        I have 7 foster kitties right now. ranging in age from 4 weeks to 1 1/2 years

        My Blog Banner Service: http://laycockdesigns.com
        Michelle - Southeastern WI - Luckycatstampers
        =^..^=   =^..^=   =^..^=   =^..^=
        "They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 3, 2009
          Hi Kathy,

          I'm in Spring Green & am the owner of Mew Haven, Inc. I have 9 cats of
          my own & right now 3 fosters in the house. We have about 8 kitties up
          on Petfinder right now but it's very very slow. We did get 2 wonderful
          kittens, Timmie & Teddie, adopted to a wonderful family through Angel's
          Wish in Madison. Precious little kittens with just 2 good eyes between
          them. Had to go together & they found a great family who love both of them.

          Pam

          Laycock Designs wrote:

          > Hi Karen,
          >
          > I'm in Racine.
          > Nice to meet you.
          > I foster cats and kittens for Kindred Kitties in Kenosha, WI
          >
          > How many kitties do you have right now Kathy?
          >
          > I have 7 foster kitties right now. ranging in age from 4 weeks to 1
          > 1/2 years
          >
          > My Blog Banner Service: http://laycockdesigns.com
          > <http://laycockdesigns.com>
          > Michelle - Southeastern WI - Luckycatstampers
          > http://www.michellelaycock.stampinup.net
          > <http://www.michellelaycock.stampinup.net>
          > =^..^= =^..^= =^..^= =^..^=
          > "They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear
          > them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
          >

          > On Nov 3, 2009, at 8:31 PM, Kathy Pobloskie wrote:
          >

          >> I'm new to this group and was wondering if there is anyone that is
          >> from the Beloit area?
          >> Kathy Pobloskie

        • Kathy Pobloskie
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
            Well, don't laugh, but I actually don't have any cats. I have two dogs, a Jack Russell terrier and a Rat terrier. So why would I want to join the Wisconsin Cats yahoo group?
            Well,I'll try to make it brief. I'm the new Team Leader for Wisconsin for Best Friends Animal Society. We are working towards a time when there are No More Homeless Pets and as I am sure you know the animal most commonly euthanized in shelters is cats. I'd like to get your ideas and input to start to coordinate some efforts to reduce these numbers.
            I've been working with a citizen's lobby group to support passage of the puppy mill bill and hopefully it will pass in the Senate tomorrow. It may even be unanimous as it was in the Assembly last week. We did all of our work through a yahoo group.
            I'd like your ideas on which areas of the state need attention and perhaps support for a TNR program.
            The reason I asked about Beloit is because I'm going to an Animal Control meeting in Rockford Illinois on November 19 supporting a group that is trying to get Winnebago County to consider a TNR program.
            I live in North Prairie, Wisconsin.
            So, please, let me know your ideas and problems and let's see if we can come up with some solutions for the cats of Wisconsin.

            Kathy Pobloskie

            --- In WisCats@yahoogroups.com, "Kathy Pobloskie" <kathypobloskie@...> wrote:

            > I'm new to this group and was wondering if there is anyone that is from the Beloit area?
            > Kathy Pobloskie

          • Laycock Designs
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
              No laughing here! Thanks for joining and helping out politically for the sake of kitties.

              I'm not sure what I can help you with... I'm not on the Board of Kindred Kitties (my foster group) and I'm simply a foster kitty mom.

              I definitely would like to see a state-wide TNR program in Wisconsin.

              My shelter Kindred Kitties in Kenosha has a TNR program that we run ourselves. It would be great to have more support from the state and more exposure, although like I said, I'm simply a foster kitty mom and I wouldn't know where to start with that. I guess that's where you come in!

              In addition to TNR for ferel kitties, Kindred Kitties actively works with farms to help farmers reduce barn cat population. Kindred Kitties takes in surrendered barn kittens and assists the farmers with trapping barn moms, getting them spayed, giving them medicine and distemper shots at reduced cost and returning the moms to the barn owner. We find homes for the kittens.

              I don't know if any other shelter in Kenosha is doing TNR. Not sure about the local humane society here. They may or may not have a program. Ideally, all humane societies in WI should have TNR programs and it would be something to check into. There is always room for more TNR programs!!!!

              I definitely would be interested in actively helping with any organization who is coordinating an effort to outlaw declawing of cats, which is plain and simple abuse/torture of animals. It doesn't sound like this is your area of interest, but if you know of any organizations coordinating outlaw declaw for the state of WI, please let me know. I'd like to join in.

              I'm sorry I can't be of more help since I'm really just a foster mom for homeless kitties and I don't get involved in the organization beyond that.

              The President of Kindred Kitties is Carolyn Newton. You could contact her - perhaps she can help you understand the needs for the Southeastern WI area more than I can. She's the founder of Kindred Kitties and has been doing this since 1995. Our website is www.kindredkitties.org

              :)

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                Kathy,

                I've been a member of Best Friends for years & have been there 4 times.
                Even debated moving there & did my required 2 week stay. Such a
                wonderful wonderful place!

                Pam

                Kathy Pobloskie wrote:

                > Well, don't laugh, but I actually don't have any cats. I have two
                > dogs, a Jack Russell terrier and a Rat terrier. So why would I want to
                > join the Wisconsin Cats yahoo group?
                > Well,I'll try to make it brief. I'm the new Team Leader for Wisconsin
                > for Best Friends Animal Society. We are working towards a time when
                > there are No More Homeless Pets and as I am sure you know the animal
                > most commonly euthanized in shelters is cats. I'd like to get your
                > ideas and input to start to coordinate some efforts to reduce these
                > numbers.
                > I've been working with a citizen's lobby group to support passage of
                > the puppy mill bill and hopefully it will pass in the Senate tomorrow.
                > It may even be unanimous as it was in the Assembly last week. We did
                > all of our work through a yahoo group.
                > I'd like your ideas on which areas of the state need attention and
                > perhaps support for a TNR program.
                > The reason I asked about Beloit is because I'm going to an Animal
                > Control meeting in Rockford Illinois on November 19 supporting a group
                > that is trying to get Winnebago County to consider a TNR program.
                > I live in North Prairie, Wisconsin.
                > So, please, let me know your ideas and problems and let's see if we
                > can come up with some solutions for the cats of Wisconsin.
                >
                > Kathy Pobloskie
                >
                > --- In WisCats@yahoogroups .com <mailto:WisCats%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > "Kathy Pobloskie" <kathypobloskie@ ...> wrote:
                > >
                > > I'm new to this group and was wondering if there is anyone that is
                > from the Beloit area?
                > > Kathy Pobloskie

              • susan slater
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                  Hello, My name is Susan Slater and I support the farm cat control, We also TNR and adopt out kittens..This a very hard job and just as you said very little support. If there is any help I can offer than contact me.  We love the cats and do a good job helping the community. Something we truely believe in!
                  Susan

                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                    Kathy,

                    I have my own kitty rescue 501c3 here in Spring Green. Mew Haven, Inc. I
                    have 2 other women working with me. One of them can foster & is full up
                    right now, as am I. We practice TNR for sure & have helped out a lot of
                    people who would not have been able to neuter/spay/vaccinate their cats
                    without our help. We have a vet here with an excellent Farm Cat program
                    & we have used it extensively for TNR of farm cats & strays who would
                    not otherwise have been neutered or spayed. We've been lucky to in
                    rehoming cats & kittens, through our own contacts & also with the help
                    of some of the cat rescue groups in Madison.

                    I doubt that there are any official TNR programs in the villages & small
                    towns around here in south central WI. Most of those that are in effect
                    are the work of individuals like myself & others who primarily finance
                    them out of pocket or with the help of donations - for which we tap
                    friends & relatives on a regular basis!

                    Pam

                  • Ebru1331@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 4, 2009
                      there is a tnr group in green bay.  cats anonymous.

                      Kathy Pobloskie wrote:

                      > Well, don't laugh, but I actually don't have any cats. I have two
                      > dogs, a Jack Russell terrier and a Rat terrier. So why would I want to
                      > join the Wisconsin Cats yahoo group?
                      > Well,I'll try to make it brief. I'm the new Team Leader for Wisconsin
                      > for Best Friends Animal Society. We are working towards a time when
                      > there are No More Homeless Pets and as I am sure you know the animal
                      > most commonly euthanized in shelters is cats. I'd like to get your
                      > ideas and input to start to coordinate some efforts to reduce these
                      > numbers.
                      > I've been working with a citizen's lobby group to support passage of
                      > the puppy mill bill and hopefully it will pass in the Senate tomorrow.
                      > It may even be unanimous as it was in the Assembly last week. We did
                      > all of our work through a yahoo group.
                      > I'd like your ideas on which areas of the state need attention and
                      > perhaps support for a TNR program.
                      > The reason I asked about Beloit is because I'm going to an Animal
                      > Control meeting in Rockford Illinois on November 19 supporting a group
                      > that is trying to get Winnebago County to consider a TNR program.
                      > I live in North Prairie, Wisconsin.
                      > So, please, let me know your ideas and problems and let's see if we
                      > can come up with some solutions for the cats of Wisconsin.
                      >
                      > Kathy Pobloskie
                      >
                      > --- In WisCats@yahoogroups .com <mailto:WisCats%40yahoogroups.com>,
                      > "Kathy Pobloskie" <kathypobloskie@ ...> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > I'm new to this group and was wondering if there is anyone that is
                      > from the Beloit area?
                      > > Kathy Pobloskie

                      <*> Your email settings:
                          Individual Email | Traditional

                      <*> To change settings online go to:
                          (Yahoo! ID required)

                      <*> To change settings via email:
                          WisCats-digest@yahoogroups.com
                          WisCats-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    • communitycat
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 5, 2009
                        There's more info on the "database" page, but does anyone know how to add a record to the database?