Alley Cat Allies News Update

  • maria_facet
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2009

      July 22, 2009 - Tampa, Florida – Caregiver fined thousands of dollars under misguided licensing law.

      Cat-lover Nora Ganderson who has trapped and neutered the feral cats in her neighborhood at her own expense was recently cited, facing almost $2,000 in fines, for letting the cats roam free and not having licenses for them.

      Cat licensing laws unjustly single out feral cat caregivers and backfire by funneling more cats into animal shelters, where they will most likely be killed. Alley Cat Allies applauds Ganderson's efforts and other caregivers around the country for working to protect and improve the lives of cats.

      Share your thoughts and show your support for Nora Ganderson on our Facebook page.

      Read more about cat licensing.

      View the news video.

      Learn more about humane deterrent techniques to keep neighbors and cats living peacefully together.

      July 21, 2009 - Alley Cat Allies exhibiting at the Taking Action for Animals Conference on July 24-26.

      Come visit our table at the Taking Action for Animals Conference, and meet Alley Cat Allies staff, pick up materials about feral cats, or purchase the new Alley Cat Allies T-shirt. The conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in Arlington, Virginia.

      Learn more about the event.

      July 20, 2009 - Summer 2009 edition of Alley Cat Action now available.

      The summer edition of the Alley Cat Action is all new! Included are articles highlighting Alley Cat Allies' newest research and tips on how to trap cats who have caught on to the ins and outs of the humane box trap, along with our regular In Your Backyard and Face of the Movement columns.

      Read the newsletter.

      Learn more about campus cats.

      Learn more about Alley Cat Allies research.