Thank the Miami-Dade County State Attorney's Office for Anti-Cruelty Law Enforce

  • maria_facet
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16 9:17 AM

      Over 30 cats have been found dead in Miami-Dade County, Florida, their bodies mutilated. The Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office is pursuing and prosecuting this case under the Florida anti-cruelty law (§ 828.12).

      Please help us thank the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office for upholding anti-cruelty law.  Anti-cruelty laws—which exist in all 50 states and the District of Columbia—protect all cats and reflect our values as a compassionate society. By prosecuting this case, the State Attorney's office has sent a strong message that we value cats' lives, and will not tolerate cruelty. The cats who were brutally killed—and the people who cared for them—deserve justice.

      It is vitally important that anti-cruelty laws are consistently enforced by those we entrust with upholding the law. Please lend your name to the "Thank You" petition. This petition will be sent with a letter from Alley Cat Allies, thanking the Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office for their action. Encourage friends, and family to sign as well.

      Thank you for helping to protect the lives of cats.