Re: Found another cat - Calico

  • fuglyzombie_101
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 7 11:56 AM
      I'll try to answer everyone's questions in on messege here. I live in Orfordville, WI. It's near the IL/WI boarder. I have no fed the cat yet, seeing as our car is not driveable. I did, however, find some cans of 9Lives at the local gas station for $1 a can (which I know is way over priced for that brand, and we're having some money trouble now thanks to our car.) If I do try to feed the cat, I'd like to offer it a high quality food, but if you guys think 9Lives is better than nothing at this point, I can give it a try. I'm about 10 miles from any store that would carry better food at a better price - way too far to walk. I know TNR programs don't tip both ears, which is why I was so concerned over this cat's ears, as both tips are...gone and scabbed. I hadn't considered frost bite, but would they still be scabbed at this point? I never delt with frost bite before.

      If anyone in the area (Janesville, Beloit, Madison, or even Rockford, IL,) thinks they can help this cat better than we can in our situation, please just shoot me an email.

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 7 12:04 PM
        She said she lived in Orfordville. That's down between Janesville &
        Monroe. I have asked her if she is feeding the cat but she hasn't answered.

        Pam

        suk pauling wrote:

        > Where do you live? We live in Saint Michael Minnesota. Do you think we
        > can drop some food for that cat??

      • Marsha
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 7 12:06 PM
          Give her the 9 Lives.

          Marsha

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 7 4:21 PM
            9Lives is fine. It's better than some others. So by all means, start
            feeding him so he will be around when you can take him in to be vetted.

            Pam

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 11 10:25 AM
              Okay, so I got a ride into town and fed the cat twice now. Once, I couldn't find the cat but left the food out. It was empty the next day. That evening the cat was on the patio of the empty building so I grabbed some food and slowly walked over. At first it was scared, but came over and ate with me sitting right in front of it. It even let me touch it's head (which it got a little spooked from.) The ears look to be fully healed now, no scabbing. I saw fleas everywhere. When our car is fixed, we should be able to take it to have it fully vetted, and even microchipped. Any other suggestions?