Re: [WisCats] Feral Cat Poll : Please Vote

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 25, 2009
      What would the ordinance stipulate?

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 25, 2009
        Would certainly vote but as far s I can see, it's not there. Did
        everything you suggested.

        fishpiggs wrote:
        > The Kankakee Daily Journal's weekly poll is asking readers the
        > following questions:
        > "Would you support a county ordinance governing feral cats?"
        >
        > I have cast my vote just now. So far, there have been 179 votes cast,
        > with 35 percent voting no.
        >
        > Please go to http://polls.daily-journal.com/polls/single_poll.php?
        > poll=1281 to vote yes for the feral cats.
        >
        > If this link does not work, please go to http://daily-journal.com/
        > news/ . You will have to scroll down the page, and you will find the
        > poll in the center of the page, above the Illinois News. If the
        > feral poll does not show up on the news page, please hit the
        > "refresh" button and the poll will appear.
        >
        > You do not have to be a resident to vote. Anyone can express his or
        > her voice to help the cats with no homes.
        >

        > The poll is almost a week old, and it may close by the end of the day
        > today. Please urge people to vote "yes, and requiring sterlization"
        > to the ferals today!
        >
        > We have all been working for nearly three years now to pass a TNR
        > ordinance in Kankakee county. Please cast a ballot for the ferals.
        > We need to send a message to the county board that a humane,
        > effective TNR ordinance is needed. Please pass this along and cross
        > post as well. The cats cannot speak for themselves.
        >

        > Thanks so much!
        >
        > Collette

      • Paul T. O'Leary
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 25, 2009
          Didn't show up for me at first either, until I reloaded the page. Or, you can follow the "Results from Previous Polls" link, and it'll take you to several polls, including the feral cat one.

          Here's the link un-interrupted:

          ---- Pam Norman <pam_norman@...> wrote:
          > Would certainly vote but as far s I can see, it's not there. Did
          > everything you suggested.
          >
          > fishpiggs wrote:
          > > The Kankakee Daily Journal's weekly poll is asking readers the
          > > following questions:
          > > "Would you support a county ordinance governing feral cats?"
          > >
          > > I have cast my vote just now. So far, there have been 179 votes cast,
          > > with 35 percent voting no.
          > >
          > > Please go to http://polls.daily-journal.com/polls/single_poll.php?
          > > poll=1281 to vote yes for the feral cats.
          > >
          > > If this link does not work, please go to http://daily-journal.com/
          > > news/ . You will have to scroll down the page, and you will find the
          > > poll in the center of the page, above the Illinois News. If the
          > > feral poll does not show up on the news page, please hit the
          > > "refresh" button and the poll will appear.
          > >
          > > You do not have to be a resident to vote. Anyone can express his or
          > > her voice to help the cats with no homes.
          > >

          > > The poll is almost a week old, and it may close by the end of the day
          > > today. Please urge people to vote "yes, and requiring sterlization"
          > > to the ferals today!
          > >
          > > We have all been working for nearly three years now to pass a TNR
          > > ordinance in Kankakee county. Please cast a ballot for the ferals.
          > > We need to send a message to the county board that a humane,
          > > effective TNR ordinance is needed. Please pass this along and cross
          > > post as well. The cats cannot speak for themselves.
          > >

          > > Thanks so much!
          > >
          > > Collette

          ---------------
          Paul T. O'Leary
          Chronic Nuisance
          Madison, WI USA
        • Marsha
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 25, 2009
            I went to the paper's main page, then clicked on News. Found it, but
            did not vote, because it doesn't say what's in the ordinance. For all
            I know, it might be an order requiring euthanization, or banning
            people from feeding.

            Marsha

            Paul T. O'Leary wrote:

            > Didn't show up for me at first either, until I reloaded the page.
            Or, you can follow the "Results from Previous Polls" link, and it'll
            take you to several polls, including the feral cat one.

            > Here's the link un-interrupted:
            >
            > http://polls.daily-journal.com/polls/single_poll.php?poll=1281
            <http://polls.daily-journal.com/polls/single_poll.php?poll=1281>

          • TalentedTom
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 26, 2009

                   Marsha had said; "For all I know, it might be an order requiring euthanization, or banning people from feeding." but I am thinking if choice #2 requires sterilization, then they're not planning to euthanize. I voted #2 just because no vote at all let's those yay-who's who spout off ignorantly in the comments. They need to be counter-punched, so to speak.

                   As far as feeding bans, wow, what ridiculousness! Never ceases to amaze me at the audacity of a few hardhearted power-people to bestow an act of cruelty to Gods creatures, and making us criminals to do something not only humane but RIGHT!!! Slow death by starvation, wow. SO not good to have such minds in such positions to impose it on the public. My defense would be it is against my religion to let an animal starve!!!

              At present (Is 2am Tuesday Morning) the results are as follows...

              Yes
              31% (123)
              Yes, but only if it required sterilization
              51% (204)
              No
              18% (73)
              Total Votes: 400

              But margins can be narrowed fast, so KEEP VOTIN' out there. ^5

                                                                                       -Tom

              PS: Hey, still gonna finish that cat-tree project BTW. www.tomcat.ws/catpost if interested, made a $200+ cat post for near to nodda! Materials list and instruction included.

              PPS: I HAD to leave a comment, too, should be online later today after it is approved.

              Paul T. O'Leary wrote:

              > Didn't show up for me at first either, until I reloaded the page.
              Or, you can follow the "Results from Previous Polls" link, and
              it'll
              take you to several polls, including the feral cat one.

              > Here's the link un-interrupted:
              >
              > http://polls.daily-journal.com/polls/single_poll.php?poll=1281
              <http://polls.daily-journal.com/polls/single_poll.php?poll=1281>

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  mailto:WisCats-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mailto:WisCats-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Marsha
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 27, 2009
                If an ordinance governs feral cats, it therefore governs feral cat
                caretakers. Is there an article in that paper that explains just what
                kind of laws they are wanting to pass?

                Marsha