Need Home for my Cat

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 13, 2009

      Hello,
      I am looking for a home (foster or permanent) or no-kill rescue shelter for my cat, Marley.

      Marley is a polydactyl Red-Ticked Tabby short hair cat with features of an Abyssinian (photo attached). He was born in the Spring of 2005 and I adopted him from a rescue shelter in Minnesota when he was about 4-5 months old. Marley is a very sweet cat, loves affection and he purrs and even looks a little like a lion. I love him very much, but I cannot keep him because I am severly allergic to him. I have tried several medications for myself and grooming techniques to try make it bearable, but I can't even touch him without immediately needing to wash my hands. He deserves a home with an owner that can give him the affection and petting that I cannot. He is neutered and up to date on all shots and vet visits. I need to give him up no later than Feb 25th as I am moving into a new home and cannot bring him with because I am so allergic to his dander - but not everyone is!

      Please let me know if you can help me out. I would be more than happy to make a donation to your valued organization. If your organization cannot help, I would appreciate any referrals! I live in Appleton, Wisconsin, but am more than happy to travel if it means getting Marley into the right home.

      Thank You,

      Marisa Toren

    • Marge Peacock
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2009
        Hello,
        Has Marley been listed on PetFinder or any other site?
        Marge

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2009

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2009
            According to what I heard this morning, a local shelter took him. I
            asked her if she had checked it out, knew it, had been there & she said
            yes. So I guess we have to hope he will be ok.