Re: [WisCats] Hi all - New Member

  • Ebru1331@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2008
      ONE CAT IN THE BUILDING NEXT DOOR.  BE GLAD ,I HAVE 69 I AM FEEDING THAT LIVE IN MY TRAILER PARK.  ALL TNR'D.
      OH AND HONEY EVERYONE WILL THINK YOU ARE NUTS UNTIL THEY NEED YOUR HELP OR NEED TO CONTACT YOU FOR RESOURCE NUMBERS ABOUT WHERE TO GET HELP.  I ROUTINELY MEET PEOPLE IN THE PET DEPARTMENTS THAT LIVE IN MY PARK AND KNOW ME AS THE FERAL CAT HANDLER IN MY AREA.  WORD SPREADS FAST BECAUSE MOST OF THESE PEOPLE I DO NOT KNOW , BUT THEY KNOW ME.  ONCE YOU HELP SOMEONE WITH A FERAL YOU ARE NO LONGER NUTS , YOU ARE A FRIEND.
      ALSO THE CATS YOU HELP DONT THINK YOU ARE NUTS THEY THINK YOU ARE A HERO. THAT IS WHAT MATTERS.  HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL GO OUT IN SUB ZERO TEMPS BECAUSE THE FERALS THEY ARE CARING FOR HAD THE BLIZZARD WINDS COVER UP THE DOOR TO THIER SHELTER TO DIG THEM OUT AND LET THEM INDOORS UNTIL THE STORM IS OVER, OR HOW MANY GO OUT IN THE RAIN AND BARE FEET TO PUT OUT THE FOOD BOWL BECAUSE THE CATS ARE IN THE WINDOW BEGGING BUT YOU KNOW IF YOU DONT GET IT OUT THERE FAST THEY WILL RUN OFF, SO YOU HURRY AND FORGET THE SHOES SO YOU DONT MISS THEM.  ALL JUST TO GET A GOOD LOOK AT THE CATS AND MAKE SURE EVERYONE IS STILL HEALTHY AND INJURY FREE SINCE YOU DID THE SAME A FEW DAYS EARLIER WHEN THEY CAME BY FOR A MEAL. MANY WOULD CALL THIS NUTS BUT MOST WOULD CALL IT THE LIFE OF A DEDICATED CAREGIVER.
      ALTHOUGH MOST FERALS WILL NOT SNUGGLE UP TO YOU AND LOVE YOU THE WAY A PET WOULD FOR CARING SO DEEPLY FOR THEM THEY DO SHOW THIER LOVE FOR YOU BY RETURNING EVERY NIGHT FOR THIER MEAL, AND ACCEPTING WHAT YOU PUT IN THIER BOWL. THEY TRUST YOU BECAUSE THEY EAT WHAT YOU GIVE THEM EVERY NIGHT AND THEY DEPEND ON YOU FOR THIER MEAL AND SHELTER FROM THE ELEMENTS.  THEY SHOW THIER LOVE IN THE COLD STARES THEY GIVE YOU FROM BEHIND THE FENCE AS YOU SET THIER DISH OUT EVERY NIGHT AND THEY EVEN THOUGH THEY DONT SHOW THIER LOVE FOR YOU THE WAY REGULAR PET CAT S DO YOU FEEL THIER LOVE AS YOU WATCH THEM EAT, SLEEP IN THIER HOUSING, OR AS THEY SNUGGLE UP IN THE BLANKETS YOU PROVIDED FOR THEM IN THE COLD.  THEY SHOW THIER LOVE JUST BY ACCEPTING OUR HELP.  THIS MAKES IT ALL WORTH IT, ALL WORTH THE EFFORT AND HELP YOU GIVE THEM.
      KEEP UP YOUR GOOD WORK.  PEOPLE MAY SAY YOU CANNOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE BY HELPING ONE CAT, BUT YOU ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE TO HIM.  AND THAT IS IMPORTANT TO HIM.  SINCERLY ELISSA