Re:Rabies VaCcinations

  • Emily Anderson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2007
      Also, does anyone have any knowledge, experience and
      opinions about the FIP vaccine?

      We have lost some kitties to FIP in our no-kill
      shelter and would appreciate any advice on how to
      decrease the chances of spreading this horrible
      disease. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Emily

      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
      --Margaret Mead
    • Shawn Murphy
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 29, 2007
        I don't know much about the FIP vaccine except that it's effectiveness is questionable.  Vaccines in general need to be given in a series in order to reach levels of immunity in any animal.  I would therefore guess vaccinating cats for FIP as they enter the shelter would be questionable as they would still be at risk to contracting the virus since they have not had time to build immunity.  I don't know if this helps, FIP sucks.

        Shawn

        To: WisCats@yahoogroups.com
        From: emilyveronica@...
        Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:14:40 -0800
        Subject: [WisCats] Re:Rabies VaCcinations

        Also, does anyone have any knowledge, experience and
        opinions about the FIP vaccine?

        We have lost some kitties to FIP in our no-kill
        shelter and would appreciate any advice on how to
        decrease the chances of spreading this horrible
        disease. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks,
        Emily

        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
        --Margaret Mead

        You keep typing, we keep giving. Download Messenger and join the i’m Initiative now. Join in!