Fw: [WisCats] WisCats Questionaire

  • tcleonard
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2005
      From: tcleonard
      Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 8:18 PM
      Subject: Fw: [WisCats] WisCats Questionaire

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: tcleonard
      Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 2:52 PM
      Subject: Re: [WisCats] WisCats Questionaire

      Hi, these are my answers to your questionaire:I have been taking care of 2 cats for 3 yrs. None are spayed or neuter, and I have no experiencein trapping them. I had a total of 5, but, I have a neighbor that is trapping everything he can so I only have the original mama and a young stray. I feed the cats dry cat food all the time and when I see them I will give them moist, also. They always even in the winter have fresh water. I get my cat food at the store and yes,I pay full price for it. I have food out during the day at all times, I give them the moist food when  I see them which is usually about 4:00 PM and early in the AM. I do have a problem with the coons coming in at night so I bring the food in, but the water I leave out. I just change the water in the AM. Unfortunately I don't have a shelter for them, other than the building around, but that isn't sufficient but they must have a place nearby to seek. I have not and am not presently doing the spay and release. I am involved with our local humane association, but, unfortunately they arent for the release program as of yet. They euthanize lots of cats every month so the feral don't have a chance. Anything I do for the feral cats is done out  of my pocket. I live in Eau Claire, WI  I am in the city, but there are some abandoned railroad tracks right across my road so little traffic. I have been interested in the rescue of all animals for alot of yrs., but, the feral only 3 or 4 yrs. My husband supports me to a point and no I do not have a feral cat group I am associated with. Alot of my co-workers and some friends don't agree with me ,but that makes no difference to me. I rescue because I love all animals and I think they have a right to be on this earth. I haven't gotten a pre- rabies. I have 1 house cat a rescue. She is now 15yrs. old. We love her alot and her name is Skooter. She is all white, long hair and blue gray eyes. She is slowing down alot. Yes, I plan on attending your workshop here in Eau Claire. I attended the meeting here about the cat killing issue and was astounded how many people were for this. A gentleman next to me said he will keep doing what is has always done. When I asked him what that was he said the three s"s Shoot, shovel and shut up!!! That is what we are dealing with... See you in a week...
                                                                        Cheryl Leonard